Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Sugar is a monster. Artificial sweetener can be just as bad, as it continues to trigger your cravings for sweets. DH fights sugar cravings every day.

I think the only thing I'm "on" is caffeine. I need a cup about every 12 hours. That's pretty mild.

Reactions: Ms Frugal

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I would have to say coffee, too.

Though I don't do so well in the sweets dept. either. But coffee I COULD NOT and would not give up.

The soda thing just got a little scarier this week as I hadn't heard this before..............if I drank a lot, it sure would make me pay attention.
Over an 80% increased risk of pancreatic cancer (and that one is a killer!)....................argument continues, but still............I cut that habit years
ago. The second article goes more into the 'flaws' of the study mentioned in article one..........still interesting.

Pancreatic Cancer Linked to Sodas?

Does Soda Cause Pancreatic Cancer? What the Latest Study Really Says. - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't have any headaches but I did gain 3 pounds, I guess, I'm trying to tweak my eating plan since getting off the brown crack.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup! (ditto) Black and strong.

With no plans to quit. I've been at it since age 14, so it has been 44 years. Sometimes you just have to say WTH. LOL!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well I have been doing great on no smoking or coca cola. The trick was............. I found out I am pregnant so it made it much easier to quit for good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts