Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 14th is the cut off date. Dd and I went and did $300 worth of grocery shopping. We saved $85 in coupons and sales so we got $385 worth of food and a few HBA.

Sad. Unless they have a good sale I guess it is back to Super One for me. I like the 5 for $20 meat sale at Super One so I was shopping both store. Super One for meat and Kroger for the coupon deals.

I guess this falls under the subject of learning how to roll with the changes however icky they may be.

I am just glad I LIKE Super One.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
They stopped double and triple coupons at Kroger here a while back. I now only purchase loss leaders at Kroger and look for meat reduced for quick sale.

I am finding better deals at HEB on a regular basis. I buy a few items at WalMart that are either better priced or I can't find at other places.

I recently started purchasing loss leaders at Food Town and Food A Rama. They are smaller stores and most of their prices are too high. I also hit the salvage store and bread store every two weeks.

I also stock up at Big Lots when they have 20% off coupons. There should be one coming up in early October.

We have a new store in the area - Joe V's Smart Shop. They are owned by HEB, carry less items, but a lot of what they sell is VERY low priced.

Thankfully most of the stores are nearby. Joe V's isn't. So I have to plan for that. I have to work a lot harder to stretch my grocery dollars these days!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do you think that show about extreme couponers had anything to do with Kroger not doubling coupons anymore? If it did , all I can say is thanks a lot for nothing TLC. I think Kroger will lose a lot of customers.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Cricket, do they have an HEB there?? I had read online that they did. I do like the sales that HEB has but there is none close..lol

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I haven't been to my local kroger yet. This will be upsetting to me if this happens in my area.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Do you think that show about extreme couponers had anything to do with Kroger not doubling coupons anymore? If it did , all I can say is thanks a lot for nothing TLC. I think Kroger will lose a lot of customers.
I think you have a point. All of the coupon rules started changing when this show started.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I will have to keep my eye out here at our Kroger. I haven't heard that yet. We haven't had a store triple coupon in a few years but we have Kroger, Meijer, and Value Market that all double .50 and up everyday. Meijer is a big competitor for the Kroger customers so hopefully competition will keep either of them from nixing double couponing.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I haven't heard this about our Kroger, but if it's regional and not just local, since Cricketlegs is in Texas, it may be here too. I will probably continue to shop there. I don't use many coupons now, and I get a senior discount on house brands (on top of sale prices), so that can make a difference. Also, when I go back to my regular evening work schedule (soon - please Lord, let it be soon!), it's easiest to shop there because it's a 24 hour and I can go after work. Our Super 1 closes at 10 now so it takes a real effort to get by there during the day. There meat sales sometimes make it worthwhile though. This week they have boneless skinless chicken breast for 1.27 a pound. I don't when I last saw that.

·
Registered
545 Posts
none of our stores double :(

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Ding! Ding! Ding!

:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts