Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No more double coupons at Newmans :( It seems some lady kept going in there and getting stuff for free :eek: I am SO bummed.

I sent dh after some American Beauty pasta. They didn't double his coupons and he asked why. This young girl went on about how some lady dept coming in and getting stuff for next to nothing and how it upset Cindy (the crabby casheir) so they stopped. After dh said, "That would have been my wife.", something about reviewing the policy, but I don't expect them to bring them back. He did tell them we'd be shopping the competition from now on, along with 3/4 of the rest of the town.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sorry to hear that Karen. Maybe they will bring it back if they lose business.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How can a checker be mad about someone saving money?Sounds like she needs to be out of the customer service world. I am glad your husband said what he did.
Here in salt lake I don't know of any stores who will even double coupons unless it is only a special for a couple of days.
Just doesn't seem like good business to me.
Good Luck

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That does stink ! I'd shop elsewhere too !

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Karen,
I think it's just ridiculous that they would stop doubling because a cashier got upset. Good for your husband for telling them exactly what he thought and would be doing with your household grocery budget!:)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that Karen! :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts