Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today when i got up i decided that staying home was not for me. i was going to put in applications and remembered to call a friend of mine. i explained to her what happened at my job and how bad i was feeling, she said i should come work with her. i went up there, filled out the app, was told there was no way i was going to get an interview today, was getting ready to leave when this guy comes out, asks if i have been helped, i told him yes, i had just filled my app, and would wait for a phone call, well he took me back to his office, called in 2 other people and interviewed me on the spot. i explained what happened at my other job, told them really did not want to work weekends as those were my dh's only days off, but if needed i would. he said he had an opening there at the training center. are you ready? monday -friday, 8-4:30, no weekends no holidays, 3 weeks paid time off a year to start adding up on my first day, benefits, and snow days, and almost 4.00 an hour more then i have EVER made!!!!!!!
i start monday, i can wear jeans and t shirts if i want, paid lunch. man it has been years since i have had any benifits.
so excited i could not sleep!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Wow! Congrats! It's about time for Murphy to leave you alone!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Congradulations.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Oh. My. Goodness. I am SO excited for you. I knew it, I just knew something wonderful was coming your way. It was meant to be. Congrats.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
That is WONDERFUL news! Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
How exciting..It is true in your case that you being fired from your other job was a blessing in disguise for better things to come...And I think you hit the jack pot of all jobs! I'm so happy for you...

·
27,948 Posts
When you lost your job I said "Looks like your going to be better than OK without that job"
Yep, you are. :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's great, enjoy the new job! :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
That's great!!:cheer4:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Congratulations that is great!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Congratulations :yippee:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
That's great news!! When one door closes another one usually always opens :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That is awesome! Good for you!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is so wonderful! I am so happy and thrilled for you. :hugz:

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
That's terrific. You are obviously a very desirable employee, and since these folks recognized it instantly, it proves your new company is whole lot smarter -- not to mention richer - than your old one. I love happy endings!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts