Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is dd's. I did it this morning & it took me an hour :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
That is realy nice. I love working with fleece. I'm sure your dd will love it. Is it a gift?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, today is her 13th birthday :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Happy Birthday to your DD! Yesterday my DD turned 14 :weeping:(Man they grow up fast!)...So how do I go about doing these? My kids would just love them for Christmas.
Thanks,
Phyllis

·
Registered
602 Posts
Happy birthday to your daughter! I did these one year... I made them for all the kids in the family... ended up being really cheap and they loved them!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That turned out soooo beautiful.. You are really very talented. I would love to do something like that, but by the time I got it cut and layed out.. someone would take it, spill something, or sneeze.. or something gross...ooooo.. you get the idea..
but great job...I will try when this house grows up a bit...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
so cute. I love the print too. Nice job. And Happy Birthday to your dd! Fleece blankets are soooo warm!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy Birthday to your DD! Yesterday my DD turned 14 :weeping:(Man they grow up fast!)...So how do I go about doing these? My kids would just love them for Christmas.
Thanks,
Phyllis
I loosely used this one. http://anewchelseamorning.blogspot.com/2007/08/anyone-can-do-this.html (scroll down just a little).

I mainly wanted to know how long to do the fringe - I HIGHLY recommend more than the 2 inches previously posted ;) you need *at least* 6 inches - and what to do in the corners.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
very nice Heather. Love the print you used. I know your daughter will love it. Tell her Happy Bday !!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Very Nice Job! And HBD to your daughter!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Hehehehehe - This is something I can practice NOW to make for a Christmas gift :tay:

Fanks for the idear and instructions - I may be calling upon you for pointers/tips later as I am not a crafty/sewing person. Consider this site bookmarked!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
My sister makes those for everyone. Her choice of prints to match each person's personality is amazing!

Your daughter's is pretty!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Our Cub Scout pack made small blankets as a service project and donated them to a humane society to use in their crates. The parents precut the fleece and the kids loved tying the knots.
My high school daughter has also made fleece blankets for her friends.
They are so warm!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Do you do both sides in the same print? Or prints that compliment each other?

·
Registered
115 Posts
You did a great job. I tried this a few years ago and had no luck, but these directions are much better. Do you know how much the fleece usually runs?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts