Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 6159 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Today was a spend-
I had to buy a few school supplies (haven't done it yet...) 32.87
And I had to pay off my library fines for the year ( I always pay them in Sept. to start the new school year fine-free. $23.75.
I wish it was zero. But I guess it isn't too bad when you consider that we have only been watching library videos for about 4 months.... So no more rental fees.

The weekend should be spend free.

But next week I will have to spend at least once to prep for Dd's sleepover party and to buy a few more gifts for my Teens Bd. Any ideas wheere I can get stainless steel water bottles for a REASONABLE price???

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Argh. Another spend day. The stuff I bought for the soap-making wasn't right, so I had to go out and get 100% lye. Since it was already a spend day, I also decided to go get the critters their food (hay and chicken food) today, rather than wait.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I decided that for myself a no-spend will be when I absolutely don't spend any money. I need to have a lot more of those days. Today I spent $17 on groceries, and $20 for gas for DH's car. DH also has to get a suit for his job, and we have been putting it off but we absolutely have to go tomorrow. I don't know where I'm supposed to pull this money from, but at least he can write it off on our taxes...

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Crud, Managers did not get paid with everybody else so I have to wait until Monday to pay my bills.

I really wanted to get it all taken care of this weekend.

I took a look--I pay 31 bills every month isf you include paying yourself savings.

Angela, I feel for you about the extras, They sure do wreak a budget.

Oh and 9/6--no spend. My body, my mind, my car, and my purse will be staying home all day.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
DS is suddenly full of unplanned "surprises' requiring $ to be spent not in the budget- $10 for running shoes after he decided to join cross country, gas to drive 25 miles round trip to local Walmart to buy said shoes, as he needed them for the next day for practice, now he announces he wants to join the school band- you can 'lease' an instrument for $45 for 4 months, or $120 for the year- IO am currently trying to find a decent used instrument of craigslist (might as well own the darn thing if I have to spend $100+).

also spent $26 unplanned $s, plus gas to drive the 25+ miles to Salvation Army to get pants for 2 yo DS, who, upon a closet check, seems to have outgrown/outworn the majority of pants I planned on him having for this fall.
May the rest of the month be cheaper!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
No spend day here..... well sort of

I did two bonus Mystery shops and was paid a total $48 dollars plus the reimbursed expenses of meals and my beverage!!! So even though I had to pay $10.70 up front I will get it all paid back.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
No spend day here..... well sort of

I did two bonus Mystery shops and was paid a total $48 dollars plus the reimbursed expenses of meals and my beverage!!! So even though I had to pay $10.70 up front I will get it all paid back.
Very cool! Sounds like a "no spend" day to me!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Spend day here, plus an eating out day. We had my oldest daughter's bday party at a local pizza place and I had a few things to pick up from Costco when I grabbed her cake. I let a pre cut fruit bowl catch my eye, other than that kept to my list.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
9/7 I am home and not leaving. No spend day again.

DD and DH are gone to his Moms so I will clean house for the week, I give everything a GOOD scrub on Sunday and the house is just pick up mode all week--works great!)cook a good dinner from what I have and take a nice long bubble bath!

I am also reading some Phylis Whitney books I got hardback for .25 a while back and really enjoying them so the TV is OFF!

Today I will do my ironing for the week and make cookies for the week for snacks.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
No spend day here......

had lunch at our church and then we all did chores. Ds mowed the lawn. Dd's washed and vacuumed the car and I scrubed the sills and washed windows and Dh washed the screens....

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I made it through yesterday without spending, and I made a batch of soap, so I look at it as sort of making money, since I won't have to buy soap for quite a while now! :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just 2 spend days for me so far this month. That is great for me.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
9/8 dd home sick from school so my car is parked.

No gas used, no lunch money for dd(that is budgeted though)

I am going to scrub my bathrooms, do my ironing, and make some cookies for snacking.

We are having terrible allergies and I don't feel well.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
How much soap did you make? What kind? A Friend of mine used to have goats and would make goats milk soap, it was very nice and very mild..... I miss it.
Hope you feel better tomorrow Cricket....
Another no-spend day here.... One child had a dentist appointment and no cavities YES! It was covered by Dh's dental insurance. And she received a free toothbrush and trial size toothpaste.

I also received a box of clothes and 8 lovely hand embroidered cotton pillowcases, from a church friend.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Had a few spend days this month. Saturdays for sure are spend days. I paid for bowling for kids for month though. Also got balloons, cake, bday gifts for dd and a swap from a difft forum taken care of saturday. Also got gas while I was at it, and grabbed me lunch, and a new outfit ( will probably return it. LOL)

So far. 5/8 no spend days!

Today is no spend day. so 6/9! Yippee!!!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
9/9

I am home and staying here.

Tomorrow I take Mom to the grocery where I will purchase gas, dog food, ans a few groceries--all in the budget. Actually they are all in my cash system so it is a no spend day for me as they are all well budgeted and planned purchases. The money is already written out.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yesterday was another no-spend! Woo hoo!

Hollyhill, yes, this was goats' milk soap, as well. This is my first attempt, so I am not sure how it will turn out, but so far it looks and smells like soap! I have to let it cure for about a month, so I'll report back when I use it.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Yesterday was another no-spend! Woo hoo!

Hollyhill, yes, this was goats' milk soap, as well. This is my first attempt, so I am not sure how it will turn out, but so far it looks and smells like soap! I have to let it cure for about a month, so I'll report back when I use it.
Yes, please let me know how it goes. They will make lovely gifts too! Do you have goats?

Today I am sorry to say was a spend day.
$50.15 was my portion of the dentist costs and I spent $7.25 on lunch for two of us because I miscalculated how long we would be on the road. We left at 8:20 AM and didn't get back until 1:45 PM.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yes, I've got 31 of them. :)

No spend here, more by chance than design. I was going to stop at the post office to drop off a parcel, and pay postage, but had to get to work earlier than anticipated. So the parcel remains unmailed, and I didn't have to spend any money today.

·
Registered
604 Posts
just wanted to say - good for you for getting back on the band wagon

41 - 60 of 6159 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.