Frugal Village Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 6159 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Today will be no spend day. After today 11/15 no spend days!

I had to spend saturday, paid for dd bday party, her cake, and i went out. I tried to stay in, really i did. ;)

But friday and sunday were no spend days.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Well the rest of Saturday was no spend!!!! I am so happy. The wall climbing center was busy but there were so many volunteers there that the children barely had to wait in line. And it was entirely free! They even had hot dogs, coffee, drinks for free too.
So Dd's birthday sleepover ended up being very inexpensive!

Sunday was a spend day. We needed a few office supplies and went to staples. But I found spiral bound notebooks for .26 cents each! I bought 12! Also bought printer paper, file folders etc etc...$22.17

Then Dh and I went out to tim hortons for a cup of coffee and donut! Our only date for the last while LOL. $3.43.

Today should be no a no spend day. It is my Dd's 17 year Bd. I am taking them to the suspension bridge ( I won a family pass). It is gorgeous weather today. We will have a picnic lunch. Then come home and the Dd and Ds will go to the club.

Then come home to chocolate cheesecake (I made it myself!!) and Dd's favourite dinner teriyaki chicken and rice...

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
okay, Ike kicked my booty! I did take dd out to lunch yesterday.

Today my dh has to go buy a mailbox pole as Ike knocked my mailbox down. The box itself should be okay but the pole is DOA.

Other than that I am home and not spending.

Tomorrow evening dh will bring home his paycheck so I can grocery shop and all but the good news is I have $60 for gas in there and I still have a full tank of gas soooo I will put that cash away and have that for gas later so I am sorta ahead minus the mailbox pole.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am 13/15 no spend days so far this month. This is great, but I guess when you don' t have the money to spend then you can't spend it. LOL

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Made it through Monday without spending! Being stuck at the office for 14-16 hours a day isn't fun, but it has the benefit of me being too tired to stop for any groceries (or anything else)! I've been bringing lunch and dinner with me, and do find myself GRAZING on office snacks (fat hen), which I have to stop. But at least I'm not spending!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Scratch the no spend yesterday. Spent $ on gym membership. Something I have been debating, I got a month and a week free so i paid for a month and am paid through sept, oct, and nov. :)

So 11/16. Not the best, but ill take it.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Scratch the no spend yesterday. Spent $ on gym membership. Something I have been debating, I got a month and a week free so i paid for a month and am paid through sept, oct, and nov. :)

So 11/16. Not the best, but ill take it.
Well, it is worth it if you USE it. And we WILL be checking to make sure! :D

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
No spend day today! Dd had a dentist appointment but it was entirely paid for by insurance!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Today was no spend. I couldn't resist the quaker oatmeal/granola bar deal at albertsons so stocked up on more yesterday. That's about it.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I am home and staying here short of picking dd up from school. I have some budget work to do.

Dinner is in the deep freezer....lurking lol!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Looks like another no-spend day for me. I have once again been "summonsed" early to work, so I'll be sitting in a car or an office from about 11:30a to midnight today. :( Great for my budget (as I bring my meals with me), but plays havoc on my exercise program.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Redid my numbers--forward, backwards and side to side, I have some extra money so I took care of some things.

Maybe I should I have flipped them over..just in case lol!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Today was no spend dd sports carnival was pouring with rain!!! took lunch with us and made pork chops and fried potatoes and carrots for dinner, potatoes and carrots from the garden, chops from freezer! mum droves us to carnival so no petrol either yah!!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
13/18 no spend days! today will be no spend.

daughter has gymnsatics, will drop her off and go to gym to work out for 45 minutes, then pick her up. Will eat at home before we go, pizza and salad tonight for them, chicken and veggies with salad for me. :)

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
9/18--at home so all I will do is I dropped dd at school amd will pick her up. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday she stays late for yearbook staff so I don't have to waste gas idling in the pick up lane.

Staying home, burritos for lunch, cleaning house.

No spend all the way.

PS I updated my debt snowball minus the house(which by the way is$51,112.24) and I am looking at a payoff at Sept 2011 so not too bad really. Snowball debt estimated because of future student loans for next year) total $29,333.44

It hurts to see it in black and white!~~~$80,445.68.

I think I will go snowball the house.....egads!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I had to spend today, because I was out of Half and Half AND I had three $1.00 off coupons at Bel Air that expired today. So my no-spend sits at 13 still, out of 18 days thus far.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
14/19 days no spend. Today is no spend day. Was supposed to go to dinner with a friend but she cancelled, so I will go to gym instead. Tomorrow will be spend. I will try to remember to get everything I need for week then.

Pictures developed, balloons ordered for sons bday, a few gifts for sons bday, and a few things from store. all tomorrow. shoud be set for week until next saturday. its been nice not going out to eat and spending any money!

81 - 100 of 6159 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.