Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm only going to do a one month No Spend Challenge. I overdid it last month by splurging on Halloween and by overspending on groceries.

So far this month, I've had two doctors appointments, but I won't see the final bill for those until they are filtered through insurance. And there's rent, of course.

Anybody is welcome to join in.

Stacy

·
Registered
13,257 Posts
I hope it goes well for you.

DH just bought himself a new phone. To be fair, his old one was a couple years old and falling apart, with a cracked screen, and shutting off randomly.

We're already on the hook for dinner with friends this weekend. I need to get my car serviced, and the cat has a vet appt this month. And groceries are a weekly expense. We're not planning any travel, holiday parties, or big gifts this year, however so things should stay within limits. I hope.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, so I did spend a little.
My doctor told me to check my blood pressure every morning, so I had to spring for a blood pressure cuff. Luckily, it was on sale.
Then I bought a few essential groceries. Eggs, frozen peas, and avocados (okay, that wasn't essential, but I love avocados and had a coupon).
Today, I realized that I would have zero time to cook anything for two days. I went to Aldi and got two frozen pizzas, three cans of soup, and some hamburger buns for some hamburger patties we already have in the freezer. I thought I had been pretty well prepared, but I didn't take my double shifts into consideration.
Besides that, I'm doing pretty good. This challenge had forced me to be better organized so I pack a lunch in the morning for work instead of buying all my food. We get free coffee at work, but not having anything to eat would make for a long day.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
yes fall here is holiday and birthdays ..used to be non stop sept to feb but kids are older so no kids bday parties, relatives pass etc. but trying not too spend too much extra cus I kinda went a little nuts last month lol use up pantry etc. gas basic groceries etc part of life. another makeup palette or more yarn ....well...

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I don't remember spending except on house hold bills since i posted in Oct.but probably be a spend day tomorrow planning on going to vote and there is a Dollar General there close and i will be needing some house hold supplies.I don't count my monthly bills.:confused::unsure:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Went to D G today wound up spending $83.23 not much to show for it.paper towels,bath tissue,washing powder,2 air freshner 1 small box pop corn,1 frozen pizza,1 med,jar insant folger coffee,bag doritos chips,bag cheeto,1bag fem.pads.My neighbor said yesterday DG was as high now as wal-Mart i think they are higher.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ran out of a bunch of groceries at once, so I bought some basics: sandwich ingredients, eggs, milk. coffee, flour, and yogurt to put in my lunchbox. I also found a brownie mix marked way down, so I figured I'd make brownies too. Also, a gallon of apple cider because it's fall. I hope this holds us for awhile. So far, I feel like I'm having more spending days than non-spending days.

·
Registered
13,257 Posts
I was going to try and get through the next 5 days without spending, until I found out this morning that DH needs milk. Did he tell me yesterday when I asked before going shopping? Noooo.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was going to try and get through the next 5 days without spending, until I found out this morning that DH needs milk. Did he tell me yesterday when I asked before going shopping? Noooo.....
It's always something! I just bought more groceries, and then I discovered we're almost out of eggs already!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not very good at this.
I went to Walgreens on Friday for two personal care items. I managed to keep it under $5, so I could use cash. So that's something.
But then it occurred to me that I wouldn't have time to cook until Wednesday, so I had to buy a few quick meals. Pizza and bread for sandwiches. I still have soup from before. And a lot of other assorted things that I ran out of faster than expected, like butter.
We go through eggs crazy fast. I'm considering getting the box of 60 from Walmart, so I don't have to buy them again this month (maybe).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts