Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
At least you're trying to be aware of your spending and using up some things at home, too. Do you stockpile at all?

I buy 2 dozen eggs at a time because I eat one every day, DH will have one a couple times a week, and they get used in recipes, so a dozen might last a week.

I'm going tomorrow to hit the canned goods sale. I thought we were fully stocked, but I just used the last of the corn, and it's 2/$1 this week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not a penny spent today. Yay!

At least you're trying to be aware of your spending and using up some things at home, too. Do you stockpile at all?
I used to stockpile quite extensively. But I stopped when I had a period of time when I was moving every year. I also don't have a lot of room in my apartment now. But I will stock up when I find an unusually good deal, which, unfortunately, hasn't been happening very often.

I think my son is eating three eggs daily. That's fine, because it's still the cheapest source of protein he will eat. I should use more beans. I have bags and bags of them already. Also, I have lots of veggies in the fridge that are aging. Time to make some soup, I guess.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
look at it this way Stacy getting cheap protein or a few quick frozen meals helps keep you from spending more on $$$ dinners out at a more expensive place. and passing up good deals doesn't help save you money in the future buying it full price.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
And nobody here is going to judge if you have canned goods stored under your bed or the couch. :)

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
12,027 Posts
I thought I had joined this earlier. Having trouble finding things since nothing is pinned anymore. Do we not do that anymore? Can it be requested?
I've had several spends this month. More than I should have. Hadn't planned on vehicle gas this month but had to. 3 Doctor appointments and several in town trips I probably shouldn't have. 2 grocery trips which weren't big but still got a few things I didn't have to. I have a large stockpile so mainly using it. I'll keep better track if I can find the thread again.
Still no social security check from them regarding husbands death. Changing from mine to taking his. Gonna be a long 3 months.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
NikoSan999- I don't know how to pin things. I just follow threads, and I get email notifications when someone comments.

Oops, it's been ten busy days. I'm been grocery shopping for the bare minimum, and I caved in to buying chocolate only once when I was having a very busy day at work.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I have to work this afternoon, and so my son and I had an early dinner at a restaurant. We also brought home two pies for later. I'm going to give myself a pass on this.

Unfortunately, my car battery died, and that was just before I had two days of working double shifts so I had zero time to deal with it. So four very expensive Uber trips to and from work. Yesterday was my day off, and I found a service that would come to me to replace my battery. Of course, I paid a premium for the service, but now I have a good battery for the next few years.

·
Registered
12,027 Posts
Stacy only a moderator can pin. It makes the popular or year long threads easier to find.

No spending yesterday or today.

Reactions: MaggieTru

·
Registered
12,027 Posts
Nothing spent today.

·
Registered
12,027 Posts
27th, 28th and today 29th... all no spend

Reactions: Stacy

·
Registered
12,027 Posts
Last day of November. No spend.

Reactions: Stacy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No spend the 28th and 29th.

Two small expenses today. Bought a snack from the vending machine. Once again, I needed to pack more food in my lunchbox.
Impulsively got a haircut. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but it had been five months and I couldn't stand the shaggy dog look for one more day.

Well, I wasn't completely successful, but I learned a lot about my spending habits this month. I cut my grocery spending from $400 to $250, but that was offset by the Thanksgiving Day restaurant splurge and the urgent need for a car battery. I think next time I'll do better because I'll know how to plan ahead.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts