Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how it went for your family this year.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Cab it went fine. Easy AS pie with dh's side but a bit harder with mine but still good. I have to say I might just have the sweetest MIL ever. Christmas Eve dinner was at my house and I had to work. MIL cooked the whole dinner at my house and brought everything with her. I got to come home to an awesome dinner with no work! Dh's family really is just terrific!

It was a bit harder at Moms as it was our first Christmas without my brother. Honestly though it was much better than I expected. I did feel pretty sad seeing his fav cookies. We each had a fav and used to tease each other to stay out of them.

How was your holiday? I hope all went as well as possible

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Mine went fine........ Considering what the year has done to me and my family.....My kids gave me things in mermory of my son Zack. Altogether it was nice.
Fern

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ferny, I was afraid to even ask you. A son has got to be such a hard thing to go through. I cannot even imagine. I'm glad you all got on OK, and what your kids did is so nice.

My MIL had a bit of a hard time, having lost her son (my BIL, 46), and was a bit down.

My side was OK, our Dad and stepdad at least were older and had lived long lives. But we missed them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts