Live and Learn!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I bet it smells wonderful!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
How neat!!! It looks great and I also bet it smells wonderful!!:)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the wick was too small, and I am going to have to remelt and redo it.
Smells awesome anyways...
Aside from these candles;
Now, I am into ornies, and just wait till I tell ya how frugal and profitable and addicting they are...from what I hear anyways! Hearsay!!

Chime in if you know about ornies!!!:cheergrl:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
looks good! what kinda ornies are you making?

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
so all you did was melt the soy wax and add the scents and poured it into the tin? Have you burned it? Did the scent linger in the room?

I know so many questions but I was thinking of trying this, want to go to AC Moore and see what I can find.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
looks good to me, and i bet it smells great too. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good! what kinda ornies are you making?
Holiday Gifts:
I am melting aroma beads in cookie cutter shapes to give as car air freshners, to start.
I may give some wax dipped bears as gifts too.
I am trying to find the supplier's supplier so I can get the bears for less $$$!

so all you did was melt the soy wax and add the scents and poured it into the tin? Have you burned it? Did the scent linger in the room?
I know so many questions but I was thinking of trying this, want to go to AC Moore and see what I can find.
Yes I burned it, found out I need a bigger wick. It still burned ok, smells awesome, nothing like the store bought candles at all!
The scent does linger in the room! Tarts would have the same effect too! Tarts are less work (no wick) and more frugal too. I am trying those as soon as I get my tart molds.

The scent throw hot and cold are awesome. I ordered from Bittercreek North, the ez soy container kit. The tin I found at the thrift store. It is bigger than the jelly jars I got with the kit, so I have to "wick up" a size or two.
I melted the wax, and waited until 180 degrees and added 1 dye chip and the fragrance oils, and then stirred like crazy off the heat.

I waited till the temp was 98-95 degress and poured into warm jars/tin.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Great job. I bet it smells heavenly. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts