Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

"The attack also comes at a time of rising meat prices as China increases imports, food costs rise and plants continue to face labor shortages that started during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The cyberattack could push U.S. beef prices even higher by tightening supplies, said Brad Lyle, chief financial officer for consultancy Partners for Production Agriculture."

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is changing my perspective on the food system more and more. People in urban areas and supplies to institutions like schools must be way more affected than I am.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to tell at this point what the effects will be. JBS says most plants will be back online today, with only 2 days of lost production. Some customers will be able to absorb the disruption, some won't. I don't think it lasted long enough to see grocery store price hikes happen, but some fast food chains might find themselves short on burger patties later this week.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I think grocery shopping once a week is pretty common. So most people would probably be okay with a couple days not buying meat.

People here tend to have at least a week or two of meat in the freezer, but I am not sure how common it is with most people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts