Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a baseball game this evening, if his team wins then they have another one tomorrow. I sit here hoping his team loses because I don't want to play tomorrow night. My reason being is if they play tomorrow the game starts at 8pm, is 1 1/2 hours from our house, being a school night I think that is to late to have kids out.....we won't be home to around 11pm. My kids will have to get up at 5:45 the next morning to get ready for school. Even tonights game starts at 6:30 is over an hour from here, so tonight will be a late night too. My ds and one dd go to bed at 8, and still take me 20 minutes to get them out of bed in the morning, so not looking forward to dragging them out of bed after late nights. Me staying home with the girls isn't an option because dh has a full day of work so he won't be home to go to the game tonight, so I have to take all the kids. We do have a chance of rain today and tomorrow, maybe things will just get rained out. I really wonder why they can't schedule these games on weekends, I don't remember my brother having night games when he played ball when we were kids, I remember he had practice after school and games on Saturday afternoons. Guess we will have to figure out to adjust and deal with it as the season is just starting, but I can say my wallet can't wait till June, all the games are home games then...so will save some on gas.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't blame you for feeling that way. It really doesn't make any sense to have those games so late on a school night.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I don't blame you either. Id be frustrated to go at that time of night. good vibes going your way to help the day along.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I remember my sister praying every spring that her son's baseball team would not make the finals. For more years than not they would make it.
Your not alone.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol pkelly that doesn't sound very encouraging. Just keep wishing for the rain to come...they do cancel games due to rain right.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I dont have any DS's but I know that when my brother was playing I'd pray for rain/sleet/snow.. anything to cancel them because the late nights and early mornings were not something that i looked forward to...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been there and done that. However it was all worth it to see my son's team win the championship.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts