Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Malcom and I have decided to hire a landscaper to redo our yard. We have tried to do it ourselves but it just isn't going to work. We are going to have to get someone in here with a tractor and a dumpster to get rid of everything in our backyard. It's going to be a pretty penny or two but to keep the value of our home we have to spend this money. I've had 3 landscaping companies out already to give estimates and the last one yesterday took pics and is going to do a computer makeover for our house. It's going to be like you see on HGTV when they are doing curb appeal. I'm so excited to see it!!!

So we are going to be spending a lot of money for this but I know it will be well worth it. I'll keep you updated on this huge project!!

·
27,948 Posts
Sounds exciting! It's amazing what different people can dream up when looking at the same blank canvas. Could you take before & after pics?

·
Registered
177 Posts
This sounds very exciting.!!! When DH and I had our house built 5 years ago we hired a landscape architect to draw up some plans for our yard. I met with her and we went over what we wanted and the types of plants that I like and it was great. We did all of the work ourselves and it has taken us 5 years to finish but well worth it for us. I can't tell you how many "discussions" DH and I had over the work but we both love the results. His original vision was to cover the entire yard in grass, fence to fence, but now will admit that all of the plantings really make a difference.

Good Luck Daphne!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts