Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:laugh:

Our kitchen would cost about $5000 to put them in. Ssoooooo I think I've finally won Gripey over to my way of thinking. I'm gonna do a faux granite over the laminate that we have. I know I can make it look like I want and won't have to move into the poor house afterwards! So in the next couple of weeks I'll be working hard, taking some before and after pics and sharing my dilemna of the kitchen re-do. I hope you don't get tired of my decorating antics. :toothy:

edited to add *
If I can't make the countertops look like I want and be sure that they will wear like I need them to we'll do new laminate over my mistake ;)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I can't wait to see those pictures!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is such a great idea. I can't wait to see the remodel. :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I can't wait either... we're "trying" to remodel but with no funds it makes it hard, we're waiting on a wrongful death settlement in which will pay off the rest of our CC's and remodel the kitchen.

We're supposed to get it by the end of this month but the lawyer just stops calling and doesn't give us updates.

Please everyone... say a prayer that after 3 long years our wait will be over and the money will come.

On that note... when the money comes and we remodel the kitchen, pay off the rest of our $2500 CC debt... I will be moving $2000 over to our ING account! YAY!

<small>(Just an FYI, it's not a large settlement amount or alot more would be going into the ING account)</small>

·
27,948 Posts
I love all your projects and it's icing on the cake when you share pics.:smooch:

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Oh, that sounds cool!

We did go with granite for our remodel. Thankfully we got a discount because we dealt with a business dh does work for, otherwise I know exactly what you mean about being in the poor house!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts