Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone wanted for this month to share cookie dough rolls(refrigerated) recipes. Everone can share their favourite recipe and make it to see if they like it , then at end of the month we'd have have head start on some xmas cookies.
what does everyone think?
we can show pics oh how they turned out and how much they got in each batch.

Reactions: vlmurray

·
Registered
503 Posts
My refrigerated cookie dough challenge would have to be to not eat the refrigerated cookie dough! My sister used to live with me and she'd get sooo frustrated with me for eating her handiwork all the time. Yikes!

Okay, that said, I'll get to looking through my books. Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to this week somtimes get some extras to put into the cookies then Ill make them, and pics to follow with the recipe.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I am in for two. They might be rolled but they will be refridgerated dough. Thanks Miss Thrifty for starting this! Just in time to get the treats ready for Christmas. :snowman:

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Hoping to get a new refrigerated dough recipe tried this week.

I don't do much refer. dough.....but saw this recipe...Lemon Butter Cookies......and thought it sounded interesting.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I got my first batch of refrigerted cookies done. I know Im late but here they are:http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/album.php?albumid=324&pictureid=4847

ND HERES the recipe:

Butterscotch cookies:

Stir together 1 c flour
1 tbsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt mix and then in seperate bowl:
cream together until light and fluffy: 1 c shortening
1/4c butter or margarine
2 c brown sugar
then add 2 eggs and 1 tbsp vanilla, mix well.
Add dry ingredients and extras: walnuts, choc chips smarties, etc.
Press into molds chill until firm. roll in wax paper then saran paper.
Slice thin and bake on ungreases baking sheet 400F for 8 to 10 min or until very light brown. I leave on pans after taking out of oven, to fisnish cooking on sheet .

Reactions: frugalfranny

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
They sound and look yummy Missthrifty! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I need to get busy on these this coming week. :)

Reactions: miss_thrifty

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Those look really good miss thrifty........

Thanks for posting them and thanks for putting the recipe here where you don't get all the 'other junk' when you go to print it out.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Those sound gummy FF. Can't wait to hear how they turned out.

Reactions: frugalfranny

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
frugalfanny may i have the new recipe lemon cookes plz and thank u.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
miss thrifty.......I posted 'a' lemon recipe in the new recipe forum. It wasn't the lemon slice. It is a better recipe than this one is but I will post it too.......so you can judge for yourself.

Finished them today.......here is 'my review'........THEY AREN'T GREAT! Now first, let me say that: 1. I am not very keen on refrigerated dough cookies to begin with (have never had a recipe that I REALLY LIKED) 2. I am always looking for a GOOD (read STRONG, I guess) lemon recipe and haven't found one I liked YET! 3. I wasn't real crazy about this one and wouldn't make it again! 4. the DOUGH was much better than the finished cookie!! (knew I should have just kept eating the dough!!) :laugh: 5. I added extra lemon and it was STILL so faint as to be barely there when baked!

So.....with that said MT...... I will post the recipe here but don't forget to check the other one in the new recipe forum.

My November baking challenge is COMPLETE!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Lemon Slice and Bakes

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups cake flour
Finely grated rind of 3 lemons
Powdered sugar

In lg. bowl, beat softened butter well. Add sugar gradually and
beat well.
Add flour, 1/2 cut at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add rind; mix well.
Divide dough in half. Roll into 1 1/2 inch logs. Roll in powdered
sugar, wrap in wax paper and refrigerate until firm.
Preheat oven to 300 F.
Slice dough 1/4 inch thick. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 30 minutes...or until golden brown. (mine didn't take this long)
Transfer to wire rack to cool. Makes 3 dozen.

Changes I made: d/n have 'cake flour' so used all purpose - but this should only affect texture, not taste. I did not have 3 'fresh lemons' to grate so used a HEAPING teaspoon of lemon zest PLUS a teaspoon of lemon extract! STILL not a very strong lemon flavor AT ALL! Think I would go for a tablespoon of each if I were to do it again.

Good luck and if you try them........let me know what you think. I want a pretty strong TRUE lemon flavor and just can't seem to get it ....IN ANYTHING.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank u frugalfanny, very much appreciated Ill go look right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts