Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~I'm up to my eyeballs in waiting sewing projects. They're taking over my home! I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with this problem. So for the rest of November let's see how many things we can complete. My projects will be sewing but you can participate with any type of project.:sun: Let's go!~

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
~I've finished one today! I cut down a king sized bedspread from the thrift shop and made a window quilt for my living room.~

·
Registered
187 Posts
You are so right, it is a mess when you work on sewing. I am almost done with my sewing, a few items left, but need only hand sewing. I did alterate pants, skirts, made a duvet cover, tow pillow cases, a velur runner with two cushons, mini aprons with a hat for bottles giveaways, wine bottle bag, bags for bath bombs, a long table skirt for my bedroom with matching window border. I did knitt already 10 scarves, two pilow cases (brown), a brown shall/poncho. God, I kept myself busy.
I am learning bead jewlery, so I am planning to start next week. I had so much ironing, DONE (I know I am weird, but I do starch and iron my sheets).
That for me.

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
~Today I completed 2 accent pillows for the couch, 3 pair of pj pants for ds and a patchwork towel. So that's 6 more.:) ~

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a quilt I would love to finish by the end of the month! That will be my challenge!! I hand quilt, that's why it takes me just a little while to finish. If I sat and worked on it a little each day, I could do it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wow, you are all accomplishing so much. I will be very happy if I finally finish a Christmas stocking I have been working on for (I'm embarassed to admit) four years! It is just one of those felt kits, but it has a lot of detail work and little sequins that are a pain. It will feel great to get it done, so I will get busy and keep at it!

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
~Thanks for joining me in this challenge! I need all the motivation I can get. Yesterday I finished one more window quilt.~

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
you're ON!
i have several pillow cases, a small digital device carrier, a bottle carrier, scarves, a blanket, and a bunch of other projects i've forgotten about to get done...

And I want my december FREE! :grnwave:

today i should finish a scarf & maybe a bottle carrier (knit scarf, crochet carrier). :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Whew! I soooo admire your fortitude! May your fingers be nimble and tireless, your eyes bright and clear, and your back as strong as your kind and generous Spirit...What Treasures your Family have in your handmade quilts, pj's, etc.!

Anna (who really, really needs to step away from the computer and finish that Christmas cross stitch gift)

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
~That is so sweet, Anna. Thank you for encouraging us with your beautiful words!
I'm still sewing and made new casings for 2,10 year old pillows this afternoon. I'm working on a cloche hat but I don't think I'll be able to get it done today. I am so tired!~

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
This is a great challenge. I am new to the Village, but have had fun so far. I have already spent all my grocery money, so I am out of that challenge. I don't sew (hopefully soon I will begin to learn). I do have tons of projects to do. I have said for the longest time I am going to finish them before it gets cold outside. Well, too late. I think I can come up with lots to do by Dec. 1st.

To start:

I went to the dr. today to ask about migrains-a problem I have had for YEARS and kept putting off

I scheduled my son's check up as well

Can you see I am a procrastornator? You guys are sewing. I am doing every day stuff I just choose not to do yet. Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well, I did nothing extra yesterday. By the time I went to the dr., worked, and dealt with a sick little DS, it was time for bed. I am now behind in the regular work. I will try again today after work. Nuisance26, great job! Keep up the good work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts