Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the "dorm-warming" party. I thought patriotic would be frugal, everything comes in red whit and blue.

Any other more thematic ideas? I can't come up with anything creative, my mind is spent this weekend, but I must begin to gather supplies a little at a time.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
where is she going to college? Maybe you could do it in the school colors of her college. You wouldn't have to use the school decorations but maybe just get some streamers, balloons, etc in the school colors. You can get items like that at the Dollar Store. If her college has a mascot you could maybe find some things online that you could download and use as decorations. I'm a big Florida Gator fan and there are all kinds of neat things online. :D

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
My thoughts exactly! streamers and balloons in the college colors, Lots of curling ribbon all curled up and scattered on the tables, paper plates and napkins, even tableclothes in the colors would all tie it together. Check her brochures for ideas. You can make a banner on the computer, even a sign made out of letters done on individual pieces of paper then tacked to a wall in order. You can run a piece of white butcher paper down the center of a table and have everyone sign their good wishes on it, use permanent markers in her new school colors and she can pin it up in her dorm room when she moves. This sounds like it can be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the butcher paper idea. Lori looked on their website and it looks like they dont have a mascot:eek: , I will look into colors!!! I am so excited about this

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I can't wait to hear what you come up with!! When is the party?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts