Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oldest son just got his first job. He will be working at 21 Choices, it is a frozen yogurt store.

I am feeling a little strange about all of this...at least Shane is 12, I have a few years left.

I just cant get pst the thoughts in my mind as to where did all the years go...guess I am getting old.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Congratulations to Shane on his job, that sounds like a great job.

Robin, I know that it seems like we look at them once and they are just babies and we blink and BAM-there is an almost grown person in their place. What is even more amazing is that they are growing up so fast and WE are just staying the same YOUNG and hip and cool Moms that we always were, ROFLMBO!:D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sure seems like the time is flying by Robin. Your babies are growing up. Congrats to your son on his new job!

I will be missing mine when they move out. Richaard should be working next year. Yikes!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'm glad your son found a job Robin.

I sure know those feelings - I've had them alot lately (all the boys in our family are coming up 18 within 2 years of each other!) and one is MY son. He is taking his driving test, he has a serious girlfriend, lots of things are changing 'quickly and drastically' and I'm really feeling it.

I keep thinking 'that's my BABY! The little guy we called 'tiny boy' because we couldn't think of a name. And it all seems like yesterday REALLY, and it scares me alot, and I think it's very sad and I have to leave before I cry lol.

·
27,948 Posts
Congrats to your son on his first job!

Those years do go by fast. My #1 piece of advice to new Mom's when they ask is to enjoy those early years. They all speed by so fast. First they need you for everything and bit by bit they don't need you & are going off on their own. It's a good thing, means you taught them well. And yes Robin, it means we've gotten older too. Getting old right along side of you my friend.;)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Congrats Adrian !!!!!!!!
He's such a good guy, he''ll do well !!!!!!
and yes Robin, YOU ARE GETTING OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :angel:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Congratulations Robin on your son getting his first job. Thats awesome.

Time does really fly doesn't it. Seems like they are babes one moment and adults the next. :hugz:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:hugz: Robin

Congratulations to you son on his first job! :fdance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts