Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad (some of you may remember) died on Labor Day.

Monday, my step-dad died. He was a really great guy.He and my Mom have been married 34 years. He was a wonderful grandpa to my two boys and all of his 21 (!!) grandkids and 8 great grandkids.

My Mom is doing OK. So are his own kids and us stepkids. His own kids lost their Mom when they were teens.

He had been up on the roof using a leaf blower to get the leaves off it, and out of the eaves. He had a heart attack up there and had collapsed over the peak. My Mom mall-walks and came back to see him lying on the roof. She called 911, and my BIL pulled in right after her (he was going to help with Christmas lights), and climbed up there and he and a cop who showed up....they did CPR, but he'd been gone for a while, I think. The ambulance guys tried too.

I spent last night with my Mom till My bro from St. Louis came with his family. Sad.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm sooo sad for you and your family as it was such a sudden thing. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Reactions: cab54

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I am at a loss for words. Please know that I wish you and all of his loved ones peace.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Oh Cheryl I am so sorry. Prayers and hugs for you and your family. :hugz:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
so sory for your loss.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that. I wish I knew something to say that would help. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Very sad. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
19,119 Posts
What sorrowful news Cheryl. Sounds as if he was and will always be well loved. Sending prayers, hugs and aloha to you and his extended family.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Cheryl , I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Blessings and hugs to you!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
All I can say is I hope you are taking care of yourself and I just can't imagine the loss you are feeling at this moment. I will certainly say some special prayers for you. Hugs.

Cat

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I'm so sorrry for your lose, my throughts and prays go out to you and your family
Fern

·
4,028 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So sorry for you loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm sorry Cheryl. He sure is leaving a bunch of people who thought the world of him and will always remember all he's brought to their lives, yourself included. Big hugs.:hug2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts