Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
christmas is over. we made it through. after all the hustle and bustle we got everything done. the presents we fretted over, the things we had to cook, the cleaning, the craziness of driving in the traffic. the company all gone now. all that is left is the ripped wrapping paper in the trash. we relaxed today. what are you all doing? now what? lol

for me..........i am now sitting at the pc watching the blizzard outside. we are going to get three inches of snow an hour. it is howling out there!! something crashed on our roof. must have been a big branch. we are all nestled in over here. i wonder how much snow we will get?.....i will let you all know later if we still have electric......we are all sitting here with a flashlight near and the candles ready....so what are you doing?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Relaxing in preparation of going back to work tomorrow. At least it is a 4 day work week.
Thinking and planning the things I need to get done and organize to kick off the new year. (new budget, new set of file folders, organize a few drawers and cabinets, etc..)

Reactions: rosey7415

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
We just vegged all day. We are all so tired. Tomorrow I need to run my Mom back home. 7 hours roundtrip. Will be happy to get back home and spend some time with DS before he heads back to school on Saturday. Rest and sleep is all I want to do.

Be careful Rosey and please keep the snow your way! :)

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
Spent my day off, with my daughter in the ER. . . no answers, she's still having the same issues we went in with on Friday, and again today.

So much for getting anything done around here.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The snow is coming down fierce adn fast! I'm in the northwest corner of CT...it's sleeting I think...I can hear it hitting the plastic outside of the windows...despite the plastic,the wind is still coming through our single paned weighted windows....
I'm thankful for a per diem nurse thats goign to work for me tomorrow so I dont have to drive in this tretorous(sp?) weather in the morning!
I'm going to take advantage of being stuck in the house and play some games wtih my 6 yr old DS that he got for xmas... :D
Hopefully be able to get some cleaning done too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had to work today, and after that, was scheduled to go to a party. Work was tiring and the roads were starting to get bad, so I opted out of the party and just came home and spent the evening with my son. Now, I'm watching World's Dumbest, hehee.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
We relaxed for most of the morning, cleaned up the house some, and yes went out shopping, but only because my DS's birthday is tomorrow and we weren't sure how the weather was going to be, so we wanted to get his birthday gifts, and cake just in case. Now it looks as though we won't be getting as much of the snow as originally planned(thankfully), so after work tomorrow we can relax, have his nice birthday dinner and cake!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
well i am watching the same storm here in NJ
i had to be out in it a bit for work but was near home for my last pt.

my kids are going to be home - so that will keep me busy ( or crazy )
i am still working 3 days this week and then next sunday is my last day at my other job.

i will have the kids put their stuff away over the next few days ( they like to leave it under the tree to show friends)

we like to have the holiday decor put away on new years so we start a new year out fresh .

will make next years list and assign things i have already to people to buy for ( didnt keep a good list this past year- so had some dbls for people )

i have to make a new budget for 2011.

i have a ton of stuff i can organize -the basement etc etc etc

i have more stuff to do than time to do it the next week

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.