Frugal Village Forums banner

Nutso Day

Tags
day nutso
624 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  frugalnana 
#1 ·
Well, I'm holed up in the basement with the cats and dog, my whole house has been taken over by workman. We have to repair the living room ceiling as the upstairs bathroom was leaking through it. They keep walking through, opening and closing doors. The living room furniture was dumped in the back porch (sure hope it doesn't snow for the next three days). There is no privacy or space to be in and it is causing me anxiety! :ack: The family computer is in the living room, sealed up in plastic and when I told my husband that I just would go crazy without it for the week, he "remembered" that he had an old laptop from his previous job that I might be able to use. :beat: So,.....it wasn't working until now and I just couldn't figure out why....he finally said that the main computer had to be turned on. (ignorant me). I crawled out into the living room under all the plastic and flipped on the switch. :sigh: I'm happy to be online and in the basement now. It's going to be a very long week. Sorry to be such a whiner.

#5 ·
I am glad you have a computer to use, I feel lost without mine. I hope you are able to get out of the house a little so you don't have to hide out in the basement all week.

#6 ·
Thanks. It sounds quiet up there, I should go check if they're gone! It's supposed to go on until Thursday noon. I am so grateful that I have this laptop to use. The animals are stir crazy but that's the way it goes. I know that I'll be happy when it's done. Sometimes I just need to put my blinders on to cope with all the mess.

#7 ·
Hubby does flooring. He said the worst part of the job is knowing it makes people anxious to have them in there. Maybe a crafty project or something to occupy the time some might help. :)

#8 ·
I know how you feel. We didn't have workmen in our house, but when dh and I put the wood flooring in the living room and hallway. It was a mess and I felt like my world was turned upside down. We had the living room furniture in the dining room and one recliner chair sitting in my kitchen. It took three days (ripping the carpet up, laying the underlayment, then the floor and cleaning it up).
We did this the week of our son's high school graduation and all week his friends and family were coming in and out. Then had a cookout the next day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.