·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 C. instant Quaker oatmeal
1 bar mild soap, such as Ivory
1/4 C. water
Food coloring (optional)

Grate oatmeal or use a mini-processor oatmeal. Put into a bowl. Do the same with the soap.

Add the water and bllend well. If adding food coloring, add it to the water for even
consistency. Shape into balls and put on wax paper to dry.

Balls can be put into containers or wrapped with plastic wrap and tied with raffia. A gift tag can be attached to the raffia.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Here's another simple recipe...........

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup Ivory Snow
1 1/2 T. vegetable oil or olive oil

Mix the Ivory Snow and oil together until the mixture resembles a soft dough. Add the oatmeal and mix well (add up to 3 T. of water - one T. at a time - if needed). Shape the mixture into small round balls and let dry on wire racks for about 12 hours.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of these? I'd like to see them--I am thinking of making some of these to go in beauty baskets for my friends & relatives for birthdays and Christmas :)

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
No, I don't have any way of posting a picture unfortunately. :(

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
chelle3889 said:
Does anyone have pictures of these? I'd like to see them--I am thinking of making some of these to go in beauty baskets for my friends & relatives for birthdays and Christmas :)
Here's a pic:

I have heard they float from being rolled. *LOL*

Sara

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
they look like Dunkin Donuts' munchkins LOL

has anyone made these in other colors like blue and pink?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Here's another..don't they look like donut holes? *LOL*

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
LOL, I said the same thing--munchkins are donut holes :) I like the second picture where they look kinda marbled

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Bumping. :tree:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:bump:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
They look great. i'd be the dummy to accidently mistake them for a doughnut and bite right into em! I have tried making them this way: ivory soap, grate it really well. take some lavendar flowers (dried, buy em from a natural foods tyep store) and a little bit of hot water. add flowers to your liking to the soap. add little by little a teaspoon up to 3 table spoons hot, hot water until you have what feels like a dough. shape into balls. let dry overnight. Works well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts