Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
breakfast bars. Ok... I'm totally hooked on these things. Last week they had them B1G1 and I also had a $1 coupon. I bought the banana bread ones....and OMG....just pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds and yummmmm....LOL! I doubt I'll be buying them very often though. I think they are about $3.79 for 6.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I will have to watch for a good deal on them and give them a try. They sound yummy.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Mmm, I am eating oatmeal right now and wish there was an easier way to take it with me! Not sure I'll spring for these, but they sound good!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
are they the brand name ones. I find them exspensive. My friend has a recipe she told me. i gotta get it from her. She says their so simple to make.
Ill share it when i get it.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are they the brand name ones. I find them exspensive. My friend has a recipe she told me. i gotta get it from her. She says their so simple to make.
Ill share it when i get it.
Yes....they are the brand name.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Yum, I love em. Wish they weren't so high. Only bought them once.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Those sound good, I eat instant oatmeal most mornings. Maple & Brown Sugar from Aldi is my favorite right now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like them too. I buy them at the warehouse club I belong to (BJ's) and they are 4 boxes for $8. They take coupons. The last box I got I had a special $2 off coupon. Then they had an instant rebate for $2. I got the 4 boxes for $4!! I was very excited. I will have to try microwaving them.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
They do sound quite yummy and we love oatmeal in our house, dont know if I will spring for them unless I have a coupon and they are on sale, so enjoy them for me too! :)

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I only buy them with a sale/coupon combo. I usually pay about 50 cents a box....I will look forward to someone posting about a recipe!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Recipe

Thought I'd share this... the bars in the store are good, but expensive!

Apple Oatmeal Bars
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 cups apples, chopped or 3/4 cup apple butter (omit cinnamon)
1/2 cup sugar

Combine the first five ingredients, and pat half into an 8x8 inch pan. Layer apples and sugar. Crumble remaining mixture on top. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yum! I'll definitely be giving this recipe a try :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts