Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the weather is getting cooler and i will be having company about 3 weeks in this month i plan on doing more baking.

Pumpkin bread since i have a lot of can pumpkin
Orange cake
pumpkin pies
probably cookies

Anyone else planning on baking and what are you planning on baking?:dishes:

Reactions: Jo Roma

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I should probably share in this challenge! First off, I'm gluten-free and purchasing ready-made GF products is expensive. Okay, making them at home isn't cheap but is at least LESS expensive. Secondly, I have some potlucks and bake-sales coming up. I don't might baking conventional items for those events but I bet people might like a GF alternative, too. (GF is VERY difficult to get around here.) I should stock away a few items just in case we have company, too. If someone dropped by for a visit, I literally would have nothing to serve!

Challenge taken!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Yes..I will be baking this month.I bought a baking pan that help's homemade french bread to keep it's shape..I plan on making a apple pie,pumpkin pie and some sort of cookie..I love it when cooler weather is around the corner..using the oven to make something yummy and to warm the house up is so comforting.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I think we are going to the apple orchids next week. I'm starting to get in the baking mood.

Apple muffins for sure and maybe an apple cake.

·
Registered
628 Posts
We're baking all our own bread this month. (Soda, wholemeal rolls, Pizza crusts, Potato Bread, Griddle, etc.)
Also Tarts, Scones, Muffins.
I'm thinking about making our own Barn brack for Halloween, might just modify a Tea Brack to suit.
DS loves to bake cookies (and their lovely so I might leave him in charge of goodies!)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I bought a HUGE pumpkin for $3.99 yesterday that I plan on cooking down. I'll freeze some, mash some, ect. but I know on the baking front there will be:

~ pumpkin bread of various sorts
~ pumpkin muffins
~ crustless pumpkin pie

My brother is coming in from out of town this weekend with his crew so I plan on baking up some cookies for that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have been slacking with the baking but I have to get back into it to save money on our groceries. School snacks can really add up.

What I'm planning on baking:
Cheese Muffins (great with a meal and my son loves to eat them alone)
Buttery biscuits
Apple Pie
Peach and cream pie
Cookies

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I know I will be baking a gluten free upside down pineapple cake for our Thanksgiving dinner this weekend - cake mix from a box. I finally found one that no one can tell its gluten free :thumb: I managed to pick a few extra boxes while the sale is on so I can make another sort of cake for Christmas too.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
..I love it when cooler weather is around the corner..using the oven to make something yummy and to warm the house up is so comforting.
Not to mention THE SMELL..............love the smell of cookies baking.

Have been craving some choc. chip cookies.......so plan on those.......and not sure about an apple pie yet, as I have to price the apples......may change my mind and go with cinn. rolls..............if I can line up some people to share with FIRST.........not sure I will share the cookies!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I love this time of year for baking too! I have plenty of apples on hand from our recent visit to the apple orchard. I also have canned pumpkin to use up! So, I will def be making an apple pie and probably some pumpkin cupcakes or bread. Yummy! :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Made 4 batches of cheese muffins which made about 36 and they are almost all gone. The kids went a little muffin crazy. haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts