Frugal Village Forums banner

Odd foods your pet enjoys

2K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Hamada 
#1 ·
I saw this video of a kitten eating broccoli. This kitten was really enjoying her broccoli.

One cat I had loved a small piece of donut. She would run around screaming until she got a piece. Then scream some more for more donut. Was pretty funny.

Growing up the cats ate canteloupe, corn on the cob, and honey dew. It was always funny to see them chomping away at the corn on the cob and growl when one came to close to the other.

The one I have now really likes cheese. So much when she hears a cracker box being open she comes running.

#2 ·
And they say cats are carnivores. :p

I can't leave bread out because my kitties love to open the wrapper and munch on the bread.

Last Halloween I had a bowl of candy corn out for decoration and one of my cats was always eating it!

#4 ·
I have two pugs, one loves carrots , broccoli and homemade treats of all kinds! The other is allergic to carrots and has a reaction by foaming at the mouth....sigh....

#7 · (Edited)
fiber one. we eat it together :mdance:

she also eats gum. she doesnt seem to understand that she's suppose to chew it more. she doesnt like spearmint gum. figures. she's a picky eater.

Reactions: HappyMama
#8 ·
My shelties LOOOOOOVE veggies of all kinds. My boy will beg for lettuce. Especially romaine ribs, he just chomps away & comes back for more. They also love tomatoes, green peppers, apples, strawberries, & watermelon.

I once had a cat who loved lettuce & dry pasta. One cat used to eat the marshmallow decorations off our gingerbread houses (and they say cats don't have a taste for sweets :rolleyes: ).

One cat will eat dog food rather than her own cat food. The other cat will eat just about anything that comes out of a noisy package. She hears the package & comes begging. She's the fat fatty of the house lol.

#9 · (Edited)
Jack (cat) likes Doritos and Cheetos. We cannot leave a bag of them out on the counter, even an unopened one. He will chew the bag open and dive in. He also loves Goldfish crackers and any like generic brand.

Hunter (dog) drinks unsweetened tea. I do not offer it to him, but have caught him repeatedly drinking it from my glass. Of course, I do not drink after him. :) That glass gets emptied and washed.

Jack went through a phase where he would only drink his water from a coffee cup.

#10 ·
Our dogs will eat most anything we eat, but we don't let them. I do give them a piece of apple peel and they all just beg and beg for popcorn. They almost snip your fingers for a piece, but I spilled some on the floor and called them in to eat it. They all just stood there , looked at it, then walked off.

#11 ·
My dog will eat anything! He eats frozen pineapples, pumpkin, ice cream. My cat is more particular.

#12 ·
I truly believe my poodle can smell lettuce from across the room. He begs, whines and scratches for it as if it were steak, but I try not to let him have too much at a time. We used to live on a dirt road with blackberries growing alongside it. He would eat berries off the bushes, or stop, stare and wag his tail until we picked for him.

My mother's cats love celery and act as if it is catnip.

#13 ·
i think i might have the only dog that doesnt like lettuce. she spits it out because its plain. she'll eat it if it have dressing on it.

#14 ·
One of my cats loves green, her favorite is cucumbers and avacado. Another went crazy for powdered sugar, we left a bag out one night she was covered in it plus we had white feet prints all over the house.The rest wont touch people food

#15 ·
MTS04-not to worry. I said she begs for onions. I did not say she gets them. She stole a whole onion the other day and I had to chase her down.lol

Sightofonesself-my beagle will put plain lettuce in his mouth,then make terrible faces,spit it out and then look at you as if betrayed. He will eat it w/ dressing. He also won't eat potato chip unless they have dip. So obviously he doesn't get much of either.

#19 ·
I have a yellow lab, who like many labs, will eat anything. She's especially partial to bread, though. She will jump up on counters to get loaves of bread and packages of rolls.

#20 ·
Someine mention there pets like Onions.If i recall Onions a sparagus and mushrooms can be deadly to cats and dogs.I know one night after dinner i was not feeling well so i left the plates on the counter,well my dog stood up at the counter and ate the left over asperagus.It made her really really sick took her to the vet and i guess the asparagus is like a poison . Here is a list of some stuff.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...US+FOODS+TO+ANIMALS"&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Reactions: Neeley
#23 ·
Yes i did reread all the post. Not sure what was wrong with me commenting and leaving apost regarding what could be dangerous for dogs or cats.

#22 ·
Daisy the dog loves carrots, lettuce hearts, but not the green part, oatmeal with brown sugar, and has her own dish for the ice cream tidbits we give her on ice cream nights.

#25 ·
I have a Saint Bernard also. Her name is Daisy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.