Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes, I was looking in the magnifying mirror and there was a long tough hair coming out of my chin.:eek: Reminds me of those on my grannies and moms chin LOL. Just want to yank them off!:eek: It did'nt take but a second to yank that baby right out of there :laugh: Must be an age thing going on?:eek:

·
27,948 Posts
Even at 42 I've had a few of those. Told dh & the kids when I get old and unable to see those things someone had better keep me shaved, LOL!:D

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am cracking up here- I also have a few of those- and I'm paranoid I'm going to miss one, and everyone will be laughing at me behind my back.....lol

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Patchworkgirl said:
I am cracking up here- I also have a few of those- and I'm paranoid I'm going to miss one, and everyone will be laughing at me behind my back.....lol
Glad I'm not the only one! :laugh:

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I *think* we all worry about such sneaky little hairs, shinning in the sun for all to see........:( . You know what I found the other day? I was running my fingers through my hair (on my head, not my chin) and I found a 9 inch long, black hair! It was BLONDE on both ends! Now girls, my hair is only about 3 inches long. How did THAT happen? Oh did I forget to mention my hair is also a dirty blond with lots and lots of highlights (only my hairdresser knows for sure! and even SHE didn't know how this happened!). WIERD eh? I am for sure that this getting older thing is NOT for sissies.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Count me in too!! I have 2 Dsis that are younger than I am that have had them for a number of years....I thought I was going to get away...then shoot!! One, okay 2.....sprouted right up!!

:eek:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I have one of those on my chin and have for several years....i hope it's not an age thing, or I'll have tons late on! :laugh:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Me Too !!!!!! I hate it !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I'm finding them more and more. The ones on my chin don't get a change to get long but the one on my neck sometimes grows to 2 or 3 inches before I notice it. What's up with that? I just started getting the chin ones a few months ago.

I might also add that my hair on my head is graying grossly fast and I've started spotting and also waking every 2 or 3 hours burning up and having to throw off all covers for a few min.

I'm 48. Will be 49 in 8 months. Is this growing old crap going to get worse or will it calm down a little?

Right now I'm not taking anything for it but hormones they are a raging!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
So glad to be the good company of friends as I get OLD!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
You only found ONE!!??

Wait till you are sitting on the couch every night and in the bathroom every morning with the tweezers. :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I am only 37 and I have had 3 chin hairs for about the last 10 years!!!!!!!!! :eek: AND one on my neck.

Mind you when I was at school everyone called me Granny Gorilla! :( (by the way this is NOT funny! lol)

I have to shave my legs EVERYDAY! and because I'm really vain, my arms, underarms, bikini line etc etc etc!!!!!!!!! No wonder I don't get time to do anything else!

Word of warning: I pluck facial hair, (having been a beauty therapist shaving and plucking is REALLY bad news, but never mind ;) ) Anyway my mum started shaving facial hair :eek: DON'T DO IT!!! It makes stubble! :eek:

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
I have found, as I get older, I have hair in places where I didn't even used to have places! My oldest granddaughter even found one on my chest the other night when I had my nightgown on! She thought it was so funny! My DH is Native American and does not have chest hair! It is pretty bad when you are hairier than your DH!!! I tried that Nair type hair remover for facial hair. It took hair, skin and all. If you don't pluck or shave, what do you do???:(

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Those hair removers can be really good, although you should do a skin test first, some people are just too sensitive to use them. I had a friend at school who put it all over her legs without testing and it burnt all her skin off and she was bleeding!!!! :eek:

I pluck facial hair and odds anywhere chest ect - although my mother swears plucking made more hairs grow. But there's no evidence for that. I also shave legs, underarms, arms etc. Because it's cheap and fast and I can do it everyday.

If you spoke to a beautician (remembering they need to make a living as well - should I have said that??) They may suggest waxing, this will weaken hair in time, but not stop growth. Also it grows back without the blunt edge that shaving produces so it isn't so stubbly. The downsides are you have to grow it to a decent length to wax in the first place and until you're used to it - it hurts! Electrolosis is another option - can only be done on small areas of hair growth and lasts longer, but is not (as some beauticians will tell you) totally permanent. This method passes an electrical current down into the hair folicle to kill it. I have never had this done myself but I imagine it is quite uncomfortable and best left to a professional. You can buy home kits but if done incorrectly can cause scarring. You can also try bleaching which obviously doesn't remove any hair but lightens it, this is a good method for something like a full moustache. For really extreme cases and people with money to spend there are lazor treatments available now, although I don't know anything about these, they are fairly new and expensive and not something I was ever trained in?

Now I've bored you all sick with methods of hair removal LOL - I'll go someone else :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Couldn't pass this thread up! Chin hair is the bain of my life, and it comes in black and white! When I get my hair cut, I'm getting waxed now. Not just the chin, but upper lip and sideburns as well. If I'm in bright sunlight, I try to stand in a way where the sun shines on the OTHER person so as not to highlight the hair. AAARRGH! I tried an over-the-counter cream depilatory (Nair), and it left a chemical burn on my chin the day before my cousin and his wife said "I Do". Not a very good choice to make -- the depilatory, that is! Chris and Trish are a terrific couple :D

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm 33 and have a stubborn chin hair that I swear grows at the speed of light. My hubby was the one to discover it. :laugh:

·
Registered
159 Posts
COUNTRYBUMPKIN said:
Yikes, I was looking in the magnifying mirror and there was a long tough hair coming out of my chin.:eek: Reminds me of those on my grannies and moms chin LOL. Just want to yank them off!:eek: It did'nt take but a second to yank that baby right out of there :laugh: Must be an age thing going on?:eek:
I'll bet your friends and acquaintences have noticed it for a long time and were wishing they could pull it out!:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a "chin hair" on my cheek. I first noticed it after giving a big presentation at school. I was already feeling old around all the young ones. This made me feel ancient. I didn't even wait for the class to end; I sat there and yanked it right out.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL tunasalad, I bet! I know how I feel when I see one on someones chin:eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts