Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who don't read french, well, It says that 6 children of kindergarden found seringes in the playground at school and were playing doctor with them! They were actually pricking themsleves with the serynges!!!!:eek: A teacher heard a *ouch* and saw th kids...

They were brought to hospital to be tested. The parents were going crazy! I know I would!!! With all the deseases you can catch, hepititis B, aids, etc...!

I can't beleive what our world is coming to....:( http://www2.canoe.com/infos/faitsdivers/archives/2003/05/20030523-090032.html

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Oh my, that is terrible news. Poor kids! We just aren't safe anywhere, we have to be so educated about everything, us and our children. I am praying for these innocent children!:angel:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right Heather. The children are not safe anywhere anymore, maybe except home...

At our children's school, they regularly check the yard after week-ends. Some left over drug bags have been found before. I don't know about serynges, though...And I live in a very nice neighbourhood. It's not like it's down town, montreal in a tough area or something...

This revolts me!:mad: If someone wants to drug themself, they could at least find another place than a school yard or a park!!! RRR...:mad:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
OMG - I've be going crazy too. That is a nightmare. I'll be praying for these girls as well.

We certainly can't live in fear, but we do need to teach our children well. They need to be aware of so many things, don't they.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:( that's frightening.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Michelle, you said:
that's frightening
....I know...:(

Yes,CJ, we REALLY need to teach our children of the dangers out there, but without scaring them. How do you think we can do that!? It's not easy...I remember in school they told us about not talking to someone who wants you to come in his car. I was 6 or 7. I was sooo scared to walk home everyday from school, after that and my fear lasted a few months, if not a year...

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Lucie, we teach our children well by not showing them fear ourselves, by being open and honest in our discussions with them.

For example - we've been talking lots at our kitchen table about "mad cow disease". Were having open and honest discussions, letting the kids know what its about, sharing our thoughts and feelings and yet not showing them fear. Were answering their questions as best we can and with the information we have.

We've also talked about "west nile virus" and "sars" - gheez it seems thats all were talking about lately is the things that are happening here. Before that it was about the "war".

Some kids will naturally have some fear, but most kids if talked about in an open and honest dialogue, will take it all in stride.

One thing we have found out in years of parenting, is that when the kids ask questions and we don't have answers for it, that we don't just put them off, we look for the answers that they need for that time. If we don't give them answers, then thats when I think fear begins to arise in them and they wonder why we won't discuss it.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
That is so scary! I hope those girls are ok.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Praying for those little girls and their families!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I can't remember what fast food chain it was but one of them had a outdoor "ball pit" thing for kids to play it. Kids loved it. However one day a child came out of it with a small welt forming on his bac. told his mom his back hurt. She saw the welt and suspected a bug or something was in the ball pit. as she was concerened about other kids, she callled over the store mgr. the mgr, for what ever reason, decided to empty the ball pit. they found drug needles in the ball pit. I don't remember much else about the story except that the child went to the ER and was let go later that day and was thankfully fine.

I havent seen ball pits in alot of fast food resturaunts in a long time since i read that article...

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, my goodness, Melissa!:eek: Now I won't go there either, with my little one!

Thank-you CJ for your generous advice.:) You know what my problem is? I have a tendancy to have fear written all over my face when we talk about serious stuff with our children. I'm often so much afraid. I'm the panic easily... I need to relax a little and not show them I'm afraid so much...I'll try to think about what you said when we do discuss serious issues. Thanks.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts