Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how you usually dread those opening those utility bills. Well I just got my gas bill and it made me so happy. First, I now have a $711.00 credit, that's right you read it right credit, on my bill. For the last 4 months, I have been paying $200.00 even though my bill has only been $20-30/month. I knew that gas was going up so I wanted to be prepared. Plus my second happy happy moment was I notice a $20.00 adjustment, well they had actually estimated my usage too high last month and they credited my acount that money back. That has never happened to me. So now I am loving my woodburner even more. I went through the whole month of Oct. without using my gas furnace hence the adjustment.
I'm acually thinking that with what I have as a credit on my bill that I might actually not have to pay another gas bill until summer. What a huge thrill that will mean Dec, Jan, Feb, and March no gas bill WOW.:grball:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Good for you, It is nice when you get to see things paying off like that!!

Reactions: jdr250

·
Registered
201 Posts
Woohoo! I would be excited too! Good job on paying extra!

·
Registered
110 Posts
You rock jdr250, we do that on our electric bill, ours was 12.78 cents last month. Makes it worth it. yahooooooooooo. Things that we know we will have to pay like that we extend out. electric, gas we do that thru the extra months. I am not sure on our gas and water bill. They are late sending them out this month again. They have been the last three months. Still waiting. I am so happy for you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wish we had a stove, we only have a fireplace and it isn't worth it, except for maybe it is pretty. We COULD put in an insert, but we don't know how long we will be here, so we aren't investing much into the place yet.

I loved our wood stove growing up, such memories!

~KB

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Wow! That's great!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just be sure you keep track of your gas usage anyway, to give you an idea of how much NEXT winter's bills are gonna be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts