Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now where I live it is 14 Farenheit or -10C hubby's car was a solid block this morning and it isn't going to get above freezing for the next 4 or 5 days:thud:

The whole of Europe has been having record low temps and it has been -7 Farenheit in some places ( about -27 C)

We have had more than 3 foot of snow which is now like concrete!

I have only left the house once in the last 3 weeks I was stuck in with the kitchen fitters/tilers and now the weather has me stuck in as it is too dangerous to venture out as I have OA and a metal plate in my neck and have had surgery on my hands I can't afford to slip on ice and at these temps I would shatter like a glass :toothy:

So I am going to make a big pan of stew and make the house cosy and try and do things that I have been putting off...........make some of my favourite comfort foods like peanut butter cookies and maybe some carrot cake muffins Yum!.

I will organise my wardrobe and then I won't feel guilty when the urge to snuggle up on the sofa with a hot cuppa and a book strikes:)

I hope you guys are all keeping warm and safe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know what you mean it's freezing here too!!
Im in Lancashire on the coast and we still have a layer of snow that is refusing to budge and off and on showers today,not at all used to this and long for the warm days to be here once more ;)
Take care and keep warm,peanut butter cookies sound delicious!!

·
4,028 Posts
Stay safe and warm.

My in-laws just left England 2 days ago so they got out in the nick of time.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
That reallly IS cold for this time of year. Brrrrr. Bundle up and make a fire, if you can!

Strange weather all over the world lately. My son in Florida, USA, had temps down to 28 last night. I'll bet they're scampering around trying to save the citrus fruit crops. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hope you stay warm! Getting all cozy on the couch with a good book is the perfect way to spend a freezing day! :)

It's been super cold here too...but that is pretty close to normal for us. We're waiting on our first real snowfall though.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It's 15 here.Calling for snow this weekend.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I am in Florida too and it is cold here for us! Keep warm and enjoy all the comfort food, warm snugglely couch and a good book!

Stay safe!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Stay warm and safe!

It was below freezing here last night as well. Winter has officially arrived....early! :(

·
Registered
719 Posts
I am in Florida too and it is cold here for us! Keep warm and enjoy all the comfort food, warm snugglely couch and a good book!

Stay safe!
It's a bit warmer today than yesterday at least! LOL

·
Registered
851 Posts
Stay warm & safe. The stew 'smells' good, yummy.

Winter has arrived early in my area, not as cold as yours though. The last few days, cars & grass were covered with 'ice', not melting until 9 am.
A couple months ago, I've read a news article that this winter would be unusually cold & long. (I guess, once a while, some news are true.)

G

·
My parents are in England right now, and they actually emailed on Wed. to comment how cold it was.

Of course, being from New England, they can handle it :)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
And I thought 27 degree was cold! c/o about a few snow flurries I guess I don't really have nothing to complain about. If it wasn't for my job and the economy I would move to a warmer cliamate. From what I hear even the warm states aren't even warm!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Meant complain about a few snow flurries.

·
27,948 Posts
"Global Warming" strikes again. :skept:
Cuddle with your sweetie Karen!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Well if you're going to get stranded there is no place like home. I think NY(Buffalo) and the UK are in a contest for the most snow at the moment. Stay snuggly warm and safe.

Cat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.