Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK-I've been avoiding this subject in my life for too long, I have faced all of my other demons, so now I'm joining ya'all. My best friend is going to a weight loss spa next week for a month long program and I am incredibly jealous. Her weight is quickly creeping up to where mine has been for entirely too many years. Since she is taking matters into her own hands I am feeling compelled. Three years ago dh and I made a pact to work on this, I lost almost 30 lbs that summer and felt great, since moving, changing positions witihin my agency and now with the babies my gym membership is going to waste and I have gained back 20 of those lbs. I need to lose approx 145 lbs to be considered healthy-but right now 50 lbs is my short term goal. So, you'll be seeing me around these parts more often.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hurray: I'm so glad you are joining us! You will never feel alone in the club! We will stick together and we'll be here to encourage you! All together, we will make it!:grouphug:

One day at at a time.:)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Kelli, nice to see you joining us. Were all here for you during your struggles. I have a huge amount to lose too as well as many others, but my motto is "one day at a time". If you need any encouragement, just come here.

Were all going to make it!!!!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
WooHoo!!! Great to see you here!! This is a great bunch of ladies for support!! Even when I have had a rough day, I still can come here and tell and no one yells, they are just very supportive!! They also keep me motivated, so welcome to a great place to be!!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
So glad you are here!! It's wonderful once you've made up your mind to do something about it! I know for me I kept "saying" I was going to and then never did. When I finally made that effort and committment to do it I felt so good about it and know that with the support here I'm going to do it this time. We are here for you and will help you along every step of the way!!:smball:

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks girls, know that the night I posted dh came home from BJ's with a box of cookies, a case f paydays and a case of Reese's, a bucket of pretzels and a box of swedish fish--can everyone say sabotage!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
:eek:
That's just so unfair. I am ok if snacks aren't in the house, but if they are here and I have to resist. I am weak weak weak.
Just last night I was craving something sweet, but there isn't anything here. :D I had some watermelon. It's sweet and much better for me. I'd like to get to a point where I really don't eat any sweets. I believe I can condition myself to where they are all too sweet to enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts