Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gripey and I took our youngest dd to the lake (per her request). She has been dying to go since we got our boat so we did. All 3 of us water skiied. It's been over 15 years since I've been up on a slalom....took me 5 times to do it but by golly I did it! I'm already sore....think I pulled a glut.....but sure feels like a moral victory in having just done it. I've been looking forward to the day when I could do it again. :D Ouch my backside hurts though......lol.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
COngrats!!! If you think you are sore tonight though wait until tomorrow!!!LOL. I bet even though you are sore as heck, everytime you move you will smile inside for your accomplishments!!!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I have never accomplished water skiing. Good for you. Rub some BEN GAY on tonight and maybe you won't be too bad tomorrow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good for you! What great exercise. We used to have a boat but I could never get up on the skis. I could knee board really well tho. Maybe before you go to bed take some Tylenol or something so you can sleep!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Good for you--what an awesome victory.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Good for you, I have never done that but sounds like fun :)

·
27,948 Posts
You go Girl!!! Cabana boys lining the shore must have been hooting & hollering. Hope Gripey didn't mind.;)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
congrats! great victory! next time you wont feel it so much. I admire you for getting out there and doing it. I have never water skiied, but it sure looks fun. And its relly neat that you spent that time with your DD, she will treasure that time together for a long time to come.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Good for you!! :cheer4: I wish I could be so brave. I used to love to go horseback riding. I'm sure that if I went now, I'd be sore all over...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
YEA Lisa!!!! You go girl! If that is your definition of silly, we all need a dose. I, for one, get tired of being sensible-but-safe so much of the time - especially since I've become aware of the extent to which I "wasted" last summer being scared to poke my nose out the door for medical reasons. This year I'm poking it out - just with reasonable precautions, like an Epi pen and plenty of water.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Congratulations!!! How you feeling today?
I use to ski all the time, I was wondering if I could "get-up" on a ski again,,Well you just proved old skiers keep on going, wooo hooo....
Now that you know you can do it,, now you can ski all you want,, what great exercise, Guess I'm excited for you!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
You brave girl, lol! I haven't been up on ski's in a coons age and I'm sitting here hurting like heck just thinking about it. LOL, I'll ask again, how you feeling today?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is a great workout BUT I bet it was fun! Glad you had a great time and I hope the soreness goes away soon.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm feeling better today....the soreness is easing up in the backside, thankfully....:lol: It's funny cuz dd is sore too..... . It was a blast but Darlene I can tell ya if cabana boys were lining the shores the noises they were making were not cat calls but hysterical laughter. I knew I had a major wedgie....not anything that anybody wants to see on an old woman.....:toothy: It was a lot of fun, glad I did it.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am glad you are feeling better. It sure sounds like a fun day though. Great fun and an awesome workout, you can't beat that winning combonation. :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That's great! I can't water ski. My ankles are too weak. I can snow ski a little, but I hate the cold, so I don't. Someone told me if I couldn't ski on two skis, I could probably slalom, but I've never tried, and I'm not about to at my age!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts