Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has gotten way out of hand.

I stepped on the scale, and...:dis: OUCh!!!

So, I have to get this under control and fast. To be at the high range of a healthy weight for my height and build, I have just shy of 50lbs to lose!!!!

:ache: That hurts. I feel like carp. I've been down on myself too, which doesn't help. Now it's time to just do something about it.

I do groceries on Saturday, so I will have to make my plans carefully for the week. I need to be accountable. I want to be at my ideal weight in 6 mo. So that is approx 8lbs a month, at a healthy rate of just under 2lbs a week.

I know this is going to be hard. I've let myself go.

I want to be healthy. I want to water ski and tube with the kids next year. I want NONE of my fat clothes to fit me next year so I can get nicely fitted clothes not the slobby clothes I'm confined to now.

I can't believe I did this to myself!

Reactions: crafty73

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I am aiming at 6 mo, but even if it is more like 8 mo, which brings me into June. That is fine. But the fact is, I am obese now, just barely, but obese none the less.... and that is NOT acceptable, when I look at aunts and uncles, where they are morbidly obese, I don't want to be like them!

So.... i have to get it together and get it done!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, stepped on the scale this morning......

And I've lost a good chunk in a week. But of course it's like that the first week. But well on my way. I don't expect to lose over 5 lbs again in a week..lol. But it happened.

I'm not starving, I'm eating often but making healthy choices. I'm being permissive with my favorite coffee on the weekends. It's extra calories, but I'm most active on the weekends, so it does balance.

Dh wants me to join a class or something, so looks like activity levels will be going up soon.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
keep it up and stay motivated. I learned to recognize what are the triggers that make you want to eat something unhealthy and have something healthy ready when you face it. For example, when I go to my daughter's college, there is a fast food restaurant there. I would go thru the drive thru and get the fattening food that is causing me weight issues. So now, when I go, I make sure I have already eaten and I take healthy snacks with me. Now........it's doesn't phase me a bit.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Good luck Mommyforever! I am working on the same issue after a fairly quick gain. I had tried the mini meals. What a mess. i'm back to 3 squares a snack if needed. That seems to work much better so far.

Have you tried zumba? The classes are to far for me to do more than occasional but I ordered the dvd's. What [email protected]!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am busy getting active now :) I have done weights 2x and aquasize 2x. I wasn't sure about having to wear a swim suit, but I go from change room to the pool and no one sees me.

I love the water, so this is good and at approx 350 cal per 1 hr workout, it's pretty decent. I'm working my up to the 2 hour mark.

Weights are going great. I should be going tonight again. That burns a ton too! I had no idea. It is a fantastic metabolism booster.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
great job! why not try a beginners yoga class? i have been doing it and love love love it! all core work...have only dropped a few lbs, but, have lost inches everywhere! keep up the good work

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will look into that. I want to stay with what the gym offers free(as part of membership) as much as possible. I am anxiously awaiting my weigh in..lol

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weighed in this morning.

Down just shy of 10lbs since starting! This is good. 10lbs is ALOT of extra.

Activities are stilling going great. Weights 2 to 3 times a week. Aquasize 2 to 3 times a week. I'm hoping to get 4 times in.

Learning portions and triggers is eye opening! More so is the unconscious eating that happens. A taste here, a lick there, etc. IT may not be much, but when it occurs all day long... wellllll.. it adds up.

Can't wait to see what happens next week :)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not calories as much as portion size and cutting unconscious snacking

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our new gym books came out. I have chosen 2 classes to try. Pilates 1. This will be paid for by my mom :) Great gift..lol. The other class is kettlebells.

I've looked at these frequently and wondered. Now I had a nice outline for the course, and i"m realllllly looking forward to trying that out. I think it'll be a nice follow-up to pilates.

Weight class is going well. I feel my muscles ache after every session, but not so much that I'm wincing with every move. We did free weights yesterday, I see their benefits, but they kinda scare me still.

I'm still tackling aquafit. I think due to the new schedule that starts in Jan, I'll be trying some other water classes, there are a few different varieties.

Now, once all these classes are done... I should be in a better fitness place, and will attempt some drop in dryland classes. I like the hand holding right now though. I am trying to figure out who has the drop in pilates classes.

Dh said to go ahead and get mats for all us girls, as I can have them do yoga and very basic pilates at home. It would be good for them. No weights involved just body weight. It would be good for giggles too. I have some kids yoga videos on hold at the library. I also have a teen work out video too.

So, the weightloss journey has really become more of a quest for well being. I feel awesome after a session at the gym. The house is tidier, the homeschooling smoother, I'm sleeping better. The weight is gently coming off. Hopefully for good :)

I'm enjoying my gym membership. I love the flexibility. There so much more in our city run gyms than the chains! Plus when there's a sports practice for the kids, there is sometimes a gym close by that I can go to.... rather than sit and each junk, pretending to like everyone there... I'm out working up a sweat improving my personal health, and the kid isn't missing me. They are busy.

It's working out fantastic! I can't wait to SEE results. Clothes fitting better...smaller clothes... no muffin tops... OOH>> I am very very motivated.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Wow, well done!

So, the weightloss journey has really become more of a quest for well being. I feel awesome after a session at the gym. The house is tidier, the homeschooling smoother, I'm sleeping better. The weight is gently coming off. Hopefully for good :)
I've completely ran out of time for the gym these days but I always found my mood was much better and I was able to keep on top of all my other commitments if I stuck to my gym routine. It's definitely more about improving your lifestyle and wellbeing and not just weight loss for me, too.

Keep up the good work :cheergrl:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did measurements today. I'm down through 6 different areas, by 10 inches :) Only 1 lb this week, but 10 INCHES! Is fantabulous! (6 inches off waist and hips alone..lol)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.