Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are coffee grounds the sruff you use to make coffee or what the coffee is after you make it?
Somebody posted that coffee grounds were good for getting rid of ants. But are the from the can or coffee pot?
See the odd ball stuff that keeps me awake nights????:toothy:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Both are coffee grounds ........ I think they would mean to use the used ones..... BTW......... That's not a stupid question !!!!:D

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I was hoping I could just use em from the can I hate to make a pot and not use it and Its too hot too fast now to drink any! LOL
Oh well I guess I can waste 1 pot, the ants have to go! Maybe if I use the whole pot, pour all of it on the nest......:toothy:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
If you don't want to drink the coffee then I would give them a good drink of cooffee too ...........

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
oh you could have froze it in icecube trays. then if you make a pot and it was too hot you could drop one in to cool it without watering it down. or made coffee flavored slushies.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Mel, let us know if it works. We fight them in the spring and summer here too. I would love to be able to use something nontoxic on them.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well they took all the grounds down in to the nest.
Not sure how long it takes to work though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
A tip from my mom is to put eucolyptus on the window sills and in the pantry. She says they hate that. Personally, I don't wait that long and when I had ants Country Scent Raid Ant spray worked on contact. ;)

Milissa

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Thank you for the tips that coffee grounds can also be used on Ant Mounds.
I use my used coffee grounds on my flowers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts