Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you sure it will fit in your oven?

I only have a 15lb'r (exactly) so I'm no where near the biggest for a Village record, lol. :bird:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Mine is like close to to 24 pounds. I wanted a bird around 18 pounds but all i could find was 13 to 15 pounds and a larger size. So i took the largest they had.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My bird is 20 lbs. exactly.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Straight from the farmer, 26 pounds.

·
Registered
719 Posts
A woman I used to work with had one brought home by her husband that wouldn't fit in the oven. She took a hacksaw to it......

Our breast-only bird on the other hand...will be a whopping 6.5 lbs :)

·
Registered
8,471 Posts
Mine was a relative peewee at 16.75 lb, but since I usually don't get a turkey pretty impressive for me. I wish I had a hack saw! I "disassembled" it yesterday with just a knife to roast the breast (off the bone) and use the legs and thighs and carcass for stock. It was hard work, and a whole lot closer to butchery than surgery.

What am I thankful for this year? That there were no hidden cameras in the kitchen yesterday.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mine's a pee-wee at 13lbs. I wanted to just roast a breast, but my aunt insisted on whole bird. We will be freezing a lot after the holiday since there will only be 8 of us and wayyyy too much food.

·
Registered
120 Posts
25lb here takes 8 hours to cook

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
We have a 13 lb, Free Bird and only 2 of us so I should have plenty left for future meals. Turkey sandwiches yummmmmmm.

Cat

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.