Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at Aldi's prices on this blog

The Motherload Aldi Supermarket: Price Sheet & Store Information

Agreeing the prices were close to what I saw here.

Then I saw the comment section dated 2006 ( with the most recent Jan 2010) are these older Aldi's prices or do they update their list on this site.?

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Some of the prices are different than what I pay. Butter is about 2.59, I think the sour cream is about 1.59 or so, Apples are about 2.59 for most varieties. In the veggie isle most thngs fluctuate weekly. One week they might be on a good sale the next week not so much. The prices of the cereals seemed about right.

Those are the things I get consistantly there. The canned veggies are .49 can for most of them

Hope that helps a little

Reactions: imagine

·
4,028 Posts
The prices at my local Aldi's are a bit higher.

milk 2% $2.49
Raisin Bran $2.79
5 lb granulated sugar $2.49
5 lb flour $1.39
celery $1.69

I would think that if the person does update the price list... she would say so along with the dates. It isn't a job I would want to do though. lol

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The prices at my local Aldi's are a bit higher.

milk 2% $2.49
Raisin Bran $2.79
5 lb granulated sugar $2.49
5 lb flour $1.39
celery $1.69

I would think that if the person does update the price list... she would say so along with the dates. It isn't a job I would want to do though. lol
That is what I was thinking
so to do think that those were 2006 prices?

Some things sure didn't go up much during those 4 or 5 years

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Those look like 2006 prices to me.

I don't buy much at Aldi but I do know eggs were well over $1/dozen, canned veggies $.49/can and $.59/can, beans $.59/can on my visit a few weeks ago. I think the mac&cheese was $.29/box.

Dairy and produce are always up and down depending if it's in season or not.

When I first started shopping at Aldi, the canned veggies were all one price and that price was either $.23/can or $.27/can. That was in 2003.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I don't shop at aldi much anymore. Used to be my stock up the can goods store. But I can find better deals at the larger stores on sale. Cream soups are still better priced at aldi and some produce. I've been wanting some zucchini and my store has it for 2.99-3.99/lb. I got some from aldi yesterday for $1.79 for 3.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I still find that Aldi is cheaper than our other grocery stores for most of the items I buy consistently. I do check the ads for better buys in the other stores -- while prices are way up all over, there may still be bargains to be had.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I still find that Aldi is cheaper than our other grocery stores for most of the items I buy consistently. I do check the ads for better buys in the other stores -- while prices are way up all over, there may still be bargains to be had. <<

I agree. I shopped Aldi on Monday and still got twice as much for my dollar as the other places I also went in to (wholesale club, local discount store) and I know I do better at Aldi than the full price grocery stores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.