Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that love to redo wood stuff like i do. here is a great milk paint recipe. It calls for tempra color powder. I use Rit dye that you buy in store to dye fabric,clothing ect. You just keep adding the powder till your desire color is achived. I decorate in the primitive style so i have used this many times. THRIFTY-i thought of you when found the recipe in my favorite files.

Measure out ½ cup of powdered milk into a plastic container or jar with a lid.

Step 2 -Add ½ cup of water into the powdered milk and stir until the milk is completely dissolved. This mixture makes up your "medium."

Step 3-Put some of the medium onto a palette pan. Add a little tempera powdered pigment to the mixture.

Step 4-Stir the powdered milk medium and the tempera powdered pigment gently with your paint brush on the palette pan until it is smooth. Add a little more powdered milk medium to make the color lighter or a little more of the tempera powdered pigment to darken the color.

Step 5-Use water to thin the paint to make the color lighter or the paint more transparent.

Step 6-Wash your brush out with water to change colors or when you are finished painting.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I love prim and found those milk paints are expensive for a small qt. size jar.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I can't wait to try this out on the wood ammo box I bought to store oue cd's.

Cat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts