Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The oldest shows I remember watching are Sky King, Fury, and The Real McCoys.

I am 56.

It was also great growing up with all the westerns!

· Registered
19,842 Posts
The first shows I remember were sitting and watching "Hee Haw" and "Laugh-In" with my father and "Twilight Zone" and "Night Gallery" with my best friend. I was also a fan of "Gilligan's Island" and "Bonanza", but I think they were in syndication by then, and I was probably watching re-runs.

· Registered
2,453 Posts
Romper room,Captain Kangeroo,Kukla Fran and Ollie,Bozo,Bonanza
And some show in French that came in fuszzy. Used to drive my mom crazy because i understood what was going on from inferences and she thought I could spntaneously speak French (my child is a genious I tell You).

· Registered
2,914 Posts
Brady Bunch, Lassie, Captain Kangaroo, The Dark Shadow, Bonanaza, Peyton Place..that is all I can remember for now.

· Registered
2,233 Posts
Did Sky King have a character named Penny?? I vaguely remember that show, plus all the westerns.

McHale's Navy, Ed Sullivan (saw the first Beatles performance and thought my older cousins had gone crazy!!).

I especially remember watching some 15 minute long soap operas with my grandma while she ironed (the only way she could justify in her mind having the TV on during the day was to iron, so she ironed EVERYTHING). One of her shows had a character named "Maida", so that is what we called the show, it might have been 'Search for Tomorrow'?

· Banned
1,192 Posts
I can remember watching Steve Allen on the Tonight show ( he was the host and I think it was shot in New York at the time) and I remember watching Romper Room ( do be a DO BEE, and don't be a DON'T BEE lol, oh and I was never "seen" in the Magic Mirror :( ):dis:
I also remember very clearly watching the funeral of President Kennedy. I was 6 yrs old.
I also remember watching the Mike Douglas show lol

· Registered
1,256 Posts
I can remember our family gathering in the den when I was a child and watching The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights. Others I remember are Lassie, Ed Sullivan, Gunsmoke, Captain Kangeroo, Bonanza, and Dark Shadows.

· Registered
12,030 Posts
Amos and Andy, Captain Kangaroo, I Love Lucy, Daniel Boone, The Rifleman, Wagon Train, Have Gun Will Travel, Sugarfoot, Gunsmoke, Rifleman, Milton Berle, Real McCoys, Lassie, Ed Sullivan, Red Skeleton

Age 56

21,852 Posts
The original Howdy Doody Show, The Milton Berle Show, Texaco sponsored a comedy hour - we're talking 1950 now - glad my memory can go back that far!! LOL!!

· Registered
357 Posts
I Love Lucy, the Real McCoys, Captain Kangaroo, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffin, Father Knows Best, My Mother the Car....

· Registered
6,917 Posts
I'd fight over fridays night to watch -dukes of hazzard over moms dallas.
smurfs and scooby doo when i was young.
and watch reruns of bonanza , waltons and mash. love them all oh and of corse little house on the prarie.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.