Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a HUGE deal in our house! Ashlee got accepted to Rowan University for the fall semester!!!!! OMG I can't stop crying!

Her SAT scores were 50 points shy of Rowan's requirements, in fact her guidance counselor was discouraging her from applying for this reason. I thought I would let her apply anyway. She has wanted to go to Rowan since elementary school. Her math scores are what's messing her up but she's a JOURNALISM MAJOR so who cares. Her writing and language skills are off the charts.

Of course she was at work at Wendy's when I got the mail. I drove right up there, knowing I was forbidden to visit her at Wendy's, lol. I walked in and handed her the brown folder. She was trying to figure out what I was doing there. I told her to open it. She did and started crying too lol. All of her coworkers were hugging her. We are so excited and proud of her. This is so huge. We didn't think we were getting a letter from Rowan.

The bonus is that Rowan is 10 minutes away and she is going to live at home and commute.

Now to figure out how we're paying for this. But I'm going to ride the wave for a while till I worry about that! I had to share this! :)

·
27,948 Posts
:yippee: How wonderful! :dust:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Wow! That's terrific! Good for her for applying despite what that goofy counselor told her. :clap:

--Michelle

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's awesome news! You should be so proud :)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
That makes my heart smile. Dont worry about paying for it, where there is a will there is a way. When dh decided to go back to school I didnt think we could come up with enough to pay for a parking pass let alone the tuition!But Im happy to say that he is doing great and we have had to spend very little out of pocket.congrats!:applause:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
That's fantastic, I am so happy for your DD!

·
Registered
818 Posts
:hurray: Woooo Hoooo!!! Congrats!!! :hurray:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
:congrats: to your daughter on being accepted to the college of her choice.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That's wonderful news! I'm very happy for her!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Thats great news!!! Congratulations to your DD!!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
That is wonderful news! I am so happy for the both of you:)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Omgosh, now I'm crying!!!

Congratulations! What wonderful news!!!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Congratulations to your daughter.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Awww Danielle, that's wonderful news! Congratulations to both of you! :congrats:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts