Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is one of those days, when even tho I am not hungry I can't stop eating...HELP!!!! I am on WW and haven't figured out the new plan, and for some reason, I want EVERYTHING in front of me...so far today, I have had:

dietcoke and sausage mcmuffin
caramel mocha and 3 choc chip cookies (all of this from McDs)
1 pc whole grain bread w/ healthy chicken salad on it
almonds/ caramels...

a few crackers...

the problem is I start work at 230 today, and won't finish until 8 pm...usually I don't eat any supper on Thursdays because I don't have time and when I am done working, it is too late for me to eat!!!!! Does this ever happen to anyone else????? maybe I am getting ready to pms!! I don't keep track anymore since I had uterine ablation surgery and don't have periods anymore!!!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Yep, Sorry :hugz:

The more focus I put on food, the restricting of food, the more mentally consuming it becomes.

Reactions: lovestoread

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Yep, Sorry :hugz:

The more focus I put on food, the restricting of food, the more mentally consuming it becomes.
Yup, that!

I'm finding that instead of certain programs or certain foods, just eating what I want, but using portion control works best (though I'm sure it's different for everyone).

And as much as it can be hard to just do it...exercising makes me want to eat way less.

Good luck! Try not to worry too much. :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
well yes it does happen but by reading what you had for breakfast my first thought was TRIGGER! there are certain foods that if I eat them send me into an eating frenzy. And you had alot of sugar already, that can have an impact on you too.

next time try to start your day with a lighter healthier breakfast and see how that goes. and maybe eating smaller healthier meals more frequent will keep you from getting that "starving" feeling.

good luck!

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
Why is the eating a problem? Are you trying to loose weight? Control your current weight? Eat healthier? Or do you just feel guilty about the sweets and snacks?

IMO there is nothing wrong with eating snacks throughout the day, as long as you realize this is PART of your meal plan not an addition to it.

Eating is a primary instinct. Your body will tell you when it is hungry, but it will also fall back on the desire to eat when you are bored and not occupied with other tasks. The little animal brain in the back of your head never knows where the next meal is coming from even though the rational part of you knows dinner is at 6.

So, are you eating because you want the food, or because there is nothing else going on?

As for working the evening shift.... is it possible for you to eat a light meal before you leave for work and another when you get home? Who says 8pm is too late to eat? It's late enough to be working, apparently and your body needs fuel when it is working.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Not had PMS and probably won't ever, I hope but.....I have read that your caffine intake can greatly effect your appetite.

I have days like that when I just can't get though food, but if I back down on my caffine it seems to help.

Of course, like the hunger that could all be in my head.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
how about quit going to McDonalds????
ONE sausage mcmuffin is 370 calories, of which 200 are from FAT.
medium caramel mocha is 190 calories, 70 from FAT.
and a serving of McD cookies (2 oz) is 260 calories, 70 from FAT.
so right there your intake was (cough cough) 820 calories.....of absolute NOTHING except 340 calories of FAT.

i can't fathom ANY weight loss plan that includes the above. the more of that junk you intake, the more your body craves....it's as bad as dope. do yourself a favor, no BLESS yourself with health and wellness and steer clear of any and all fast food. your body and your heart will thank you!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have the same problem. I find it very hard to control my eating when I am trying to diet, especially when I am at home.

Here are some things that help me:
* starting the day with protein and whole grains - greek yogurt, egg whites, oatmeal. Like a previous poster said, when I start the day with sugar I crave it all day!!

*packing all my food for the day in my lunch cooler. I can eat whatever I want, as much as I want out of the cooler, but once that food is gone, I'm done eating for the day.

*packing and preparing my food the night before makes me crave it the next day.

HTH!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That was me yesterday a bottomless pit. Glad to report today is much better!

Glad to see ya!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Stay away from hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, and all other "diet" sugars. They just makes you more hungry. They are basically in all junk foods such as coke and McDonalds foods. It may take about a week to get used to it but you should find your appetite adjusting. Also around that time of the month you may also find yourself hungrier. I keep gum around to stick in my mouth when I feel like I can't stop eating. Just check the gum to see what is used as a sweetener.

In the Fall and Spring I get into a feeding frenzy since my body always thinks there is a major famine about to begin. It is very aggrevating.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Yuck! That's all nothing but empty caloriez, fat, cholesterol, etc. I don't know of any successful diet that allows you to eat that junk. I'd ditch all of that and start eating whole grains, fruit, vegetables and lean protein.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks everyone!!! I know that is terrible, what i had today!!! I normally don't eat that way, especially when I am truly following Weight Watchers..and NO, they don't encourage eating that way! It just happened to be one of those days when i was just out of control!! :) Doesn't everyone have one of those days every once in a while??? or is it just me???? also, the caramel mocha was with nonfat milk!!! LOL.... but , here is my little secret.... I am truly addicted to McDonalds' diet cokes!!!! LOVE them... but , anyway...i was just sayin' it was one of those CRAZY days...if i ate that way all the time, I wouldn't be able to get thru the door!!! I don't like to eat that late at night either, cause sometimes I have a hard time sleeping (rumbling tummy)!

Thanks everyone!! Tomorrow shall be a better day!!!!:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
any "craving" has a life span and it's really a lot shorter than we think we were in the middle of it. part of the trick is to not ENGAGE with the craving, don't get into the YESNOYESNOYESNO debate...shake it off, put the mind to something else, drink some water, choose a small healthy snack. every time we give in, we feed the monster. every time we resist, we take the power back. ultimately it comes down to who do we want driving the bus. we have as much strength as we BELIEVE we do.......

for years i've packed my husband's lunch for work and it finally dawned on me that i could pack my own lunch too! yeah i'm a bit slow on the uptake. we cook/prepare almost all of our meals at home, hardly ever eat out and any more i can hardly tolerate food that doesn't come from my own kitchen. we have supposedly high end/foo foo food at our cafeteria at work and the stuff just makes me ill. i like what someone said above about packing the day's food in the lunch box and that's it, you can eat anything from the lunch box but when it's gone, it's gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.