Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't have to worry about having her over for lemonade and an outside showing of my quilts.

She came right to my inside door, asked to see my quilts, walked in and took her shoes off. I was so stunned I didn't quite know what to do.

Finally, after a few seconds I said "I'll get them and show you them in the living room". Well she walked right into my bedroom like it was her house. My bedroom is our private area!!!

I'm sorry, I like company, but not the town "gossip" and not in my bedroom. I'm literally shaking here!!!

There isn't much I can do about it now other than vent here, but I am a tad bit upset!!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I can't beleive she had the nerve to do this! I would have asked her to leave and told her she would have to come back at a more convenient time for me as I had other plans and showed her the door!

·
Registered
403 Posts
What a rude woman, no wonder she doesn't have any friends. Maybe you will get lucky and she won't bother you again. Sorry some people are so rude and nosy, I would never go into someone's bedroom, I am puzzled how people like this lack and social grace at all. (((HUGS)))

Nealy

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
She seems to have no social skills at all...... not hard to see why she is alone and nasty !!!!!!!! Sorry you were invaded that way Cj !!!!!!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Aww CJ I am so sorry this happened to you. Very, very rude and intrusive on the part of that lady!! And your bedroom, she crossed way over the line in my books!! My bedroom is MY bedroom!!! Well at least it's over with and next time she doesn't get in the door!!;)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Holy cow! How rude! I would have shown her the door, the minute she headed for the bedroom- shoes or no shoes.

MY parents raised me better than that- and I hope I've raised my children better.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Well heck, so much for our she needs a friend theory and she may have lots of quilting knowledge to share. She is an old bat after all. I am sorry for her rude intrusion. At least you are prepared if she ever comes back, just leave her standing at the door knocking.:mad:

:hugz: CJ

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm so sorry that happened to you. That lady was so rude. Never allow her in your home again! :hugz:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Okay the b*%^$ is out in me again. I know exactly how you feel CJ, I entertain very few people in my home and none in my room, with the exception of my dh, kids and sister. Iwould have just turned atound and said "wait here, I'll get them and closed the door. I totally understand being uncomfortable with your private space. I rarely entertain company in my home anyway, other than family I am uncomfortable with. If she ever knocks again, say please wait here and close the door and go OUTSIDE>>>she doesnt deserve to come in your home.Who cares what she tells the neighbors!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
:yikes: WOW I cannot believe someone would do that, well actually I can, but am shocked that you had to go through it. In your bedroom of all places????? I bet that she did not even think about it being private, because she obviously has no idea what that word means!!

So sorry cj :hugz:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Ugh!! How can people be soo rude? :mad:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
OMG...Ok...WHAT did I miss here? Ok...you can always play turn about and see how she likes being invaded. Be pushy and Rude and then as you are leaving turn around and smile nicely while you explain how you detest RUDE people.

Think she's tooooo thick headed to get the message?

Make sure you invade her personal body space...invade the comfort zone we all have around us.

And if she answers...Well I never! Reply...Oh, yes you have.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've decided to use this as a learning experience. She is a perfect example of who I don't want to be when I get older. People do this to themselves. They are rude, gossipy and downright unlikeable and then they wonder why they have no friends in old age.

Thats not what I want. I plan on going to her home and being as friendly as I can be. I'll talk to her about quilts and I might even bring her a little gift of flowers. I'll put her on my prayer list and prayer for her. And if she comes to my home again, she won't get past the living room, you can bet on that!!!!

I'm moving some of my unfinished quilts to my living room!!!

Thanks for being here. By the time dh had gotten home last night, I was feeling better.

·
27,948 Posts
I admire how you have decided to handle this in the future. Very classy CJ. Maybe she'll learn a few things from you.:)

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
What a rude woman...but I have to say CJ you are taking a very classy approach...and I admire that!! I'm not so sure I could be so classy...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
You're a better woman than I, CJ!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts