Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever dh has taken the kids to the park here, he has always taken them and given me a break to quilt, play on the computer or read. So in doing that I haven't seen what Michael can do at the park.

Today we went to the park and he does all the monkey bars, etc. But then he gets off and goes to the swings. I asked dh, what on earth is he doing. He said, watch him. Michael gets on the swing and starts to swing. I was floored. Well not only does he swing, but he puts his head way back just like his sister does and swings away. Okay, thats fine, but then he does exactly like his sister does and sits straddled on the swing and makes it go around and around and then lets it turn around the other way.

I forgot my camera but were going back just so I can take pictures of him doing this.

It was awesome to watch.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:fdance: WTG Michael! :fdance:

Have a great time at the park! :D

·
27,948 Posts
That is just so cool! Enjoy proud momma!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I can feel the excitement in your post ... you gave me chills!

...gotta capture those priceless moments on film!! :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Yay!! Thanks for sharing such a joyful moment- you must be so proud!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
WTG Michael!!!! Just imagine what he is going to do next!!! :hugz:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
YEAH Michael! I am so proud of your NEW accomplishment. You are learning in leaps and bounds!!:D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know its so neat to be able to come here and share Michael's accomplishments. For those who don't know, he has Down syndrome and doesn't speak, so when he accomplishes these wonderful little things, its wonderful to have a place to come and share what he is doing.

Swinging to most kids just comes natural. Seeing him swing is something else!!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Wow Miuchael, swinging is just the best! Try it with your eyes closed...

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I think this is wonderful!

You're second post made me think, so many people don't seem to appreciate when our children do something 'normal'

I remember crying and telling anybody that would listen when Lucy sang the theme tune to Titanic (because she couldn't speak then) Some people thought I'd lost it I'm sure - but to me it meant one day she would talk again.

I think your news is awesome! :hug2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts