Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: If I can dh to commit to this. we can be completely debt free, including mortgage free in Exactly 4 years!!!!

OMG!!! I'm so excited at the prospect. This means tightening our belts, BUT it includes a workign account for birthday christmas and other things that come up. Sportfees, school fees, holidays.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Fantastic!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Great . Tell us how your doing it...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Good for you, I can just feel the excitement coming out of your post. Goodluck on trying to get your dh to commit. If your dh is anything like mine, it usually helps if he thinks it was his idea to begin with.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
That's awesome and yes please tell us what your doing and how your doing it? Please dont keep us in suspense, it's gonna kill us :)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RDRP or Snowball what ever you call it. Just live under your means, and pay off with the rest of it. Tax return will be transferred directly to debts, dh work bonuses and any OT will be transferred to debts. And change and bottle returns will also be applied to debts. Any of my ebay and craftsales will do the same(profit only, the costs will be rolled into more supplies). When one is done, then just use that to the next bill. in 12 months we'll have the dumb debts done. Then I want to accelerate the mortgage, snowballing that!! I'll do as much as I can to it before renewal is due. Then we'll continue doing it!

If we can pull this off, even if we take an extra year, whocares, we'll be able to pay cash for a family vacation to Disneyland in 5 years, and have ds college fund ready, and the 3 girls will also have one too as their time comes.

·
27,948 Posts
:cheergrl: :rockon:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Way To Go! I need to sit down and really figure out when I will be debt free too :).

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Sounds like you have a great plan!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That's a great plan!! I know you can do it!! :yippee:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seeing Pammy success story motivated to see what we really can do, if we set our minds to it. Dh just got a large raise ($4/hour~!) after not getting one for 2 years! So that helps us out alot, plus I've raised my childcare rates to what my time is worth~! I'm expensive, however, I'm worth it! I'm not working for $3/hr. I'm earning about $8/hr(divided amoung 3 families). I may take in one more to give us a power boost. An extra $350 a month could go a long way in accelerating things. It doesn't sound like much but it's $2000 a year we wouldn't be paying interest on anymore!

Dh asked what we're doing with the tax return. I told him credit payment. He said all of it?? I said why not? He when OH, ok :) in the past it's been used to buy something. Well, we need a stove, but it can wait a year until the credit is all paid off! It's not dire need at this point. So this time next year the tax return will be put on ouir MORTGAGE!!! :cheergrl:

I swear we can do this. I want the credit GONE by next summer. BUt if we are cautious with our money, it'll be sooner.

Then I really really want to focus on the mortgage, plus we'll have extra working capital to go toward my industrial embroidery machine purchase.

Can we do this??? YES WE CAN!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is great! We are all happy dancing with you. :dancing:

·
Registered
216 Posts
You can do it!!! Great plan!

·
Registered
857 Posts
That is a Wonderful Plan!

Keep us posted each time you get a debt paid off, I am looking forward to following your progress.....You have me all excited for you too!:cheergrl: :hurray:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Paid off another bill!!! I'm actually going to close the account altogether. Don't need it. But there are some points that'll convert to a GC first..lol

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just talked to them, the differed balance will be released, then I have enough for a $50 store credit :) YAY! Save it for back to school clothes :)

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Wow!! Way to go!!! :hurray:

Yes, please keep us posted as you're paying off...that way we get to share the excitement! :D

You're gonna do great on your plan!! :tay:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
That would be so awesome. I hope everything works for you

1 - 20 of 28 Posts