Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stop me before i make more cookies!!!! I got incredibly bored tonight.......

Tonight I made the dough for four totally different types of cookies. They all say to chill the dough so they are all in the fridge covered until tomorrow. Can baked cookies be frozen?????

I have made Peanut Butterscotch Cookies (essentially peanut butter cookies with butterscotch chips), Coconutty Chocolate Chip cookies (essentially coconut flakes added into chocolate chip cooke dough), Thumbprint Cookies, and Oatmeal Rasin Cookies. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with all of these cookies. LOL and my origional plan when I went grocery shopping was to get the stuff to make Double Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies. (Chocolate chip cookies in a chocolate cookie dough), LOL so if i got really bored I could make a fifth cookies batch still!!! LOL

Can I freeze baked cookies???? And if so are there any special things I should know for thawing them out??? (Id rather not have frozen cookie dough in the freezer as DH will eat a whole batch of cookie dough if he sees it in there!)

·
27,948 Posts
Oh, ya gotta make that 5th batch.
I'd love some double chocolate chocolate chip cookies please.:D

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Sure you can freeze them no problem :)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Wow, you are on a roll. I freeze cookies all the time, it's the only way I can keep on top of my baking for these kiddos!

Enjoy your cookies!!:chomp: They all sound delicious!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
From allrecipes:
Freezing already baked cookies
Freezing baked cookies is a great way to preserve their freshness. Baked cookies will keep in the freezer for up to 3 or 4 weeks. As with freezing cookie dough, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you don't want your cookies to absorb any odors. Double-wrap the cookies securely and write the date and the type of cookie on the outside of the package. When you are ready to eat your frozen cookies, just let them come to room temperature, or, for you impatient types, pop them in the microwave on high for about 30 seconds. (Times will differ depending on the size of cookie you're defrosting.) We still haven't come across a baked cookie that doesn't freeze well. So feel free to freeze loads of assorted cookies to keep yourself supplied with yummy goodies, any time.
http://www.post-gazette.com/food/20011129nutqa1129fnp5.asp

http://www.nutcrackers.com/cookietips.html

http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extnews/askext/freezing/4443.htm

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've frozen cookies myself, but they've never lasted the 3-4 weeks in Sara's post! The only cookies I've frozen for longer are Girl Scout cookies. Those I've bought at cookie time and froze unopened until December. Been doing it for years and it hasn't killed us yet.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coool!!!! gonna make that fifth batch and gonna freeze what i got going now! Woo hoo!!!! thanks everyone, come on over for a cookie feast!!!:D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Melissa, I know this is late but I freeze cookie dough all the time. I just make my cookie dough and roll 1 to 2 inch balls and flash freeze them (just put them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and place them in the freezer until they are partially frozen) and then put them in a zip lock freezer bag. They will store for several months for sure, I never have it last longer than that so I don't know how long they will last for sure ;) .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts