Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I paid off our first credit card in our debt snowball.... It was SUCH a good feeling... It was our smallest card since I had it set up from smallest to biggest BUT It has totally given me hope! We have had a very long past four years and to know that we are one down and two months away from paying off another one! Well its just a wonderful feeling!

·
4,028 Posts
Excellent! Those smaller steps build your endurance for the big leaps down the road. :) Congratulations!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
OMG so proud of you that is wonderful. Keep it going.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yay go you

·
19,119 Posts
Congrats M2M and mahalo for sharing!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Congratulations!!

Was it difficult to start on the smallest one first? I am really fighting that suggestion because my smallest one is my "pet student loan" and can be on deferment during hard times.

Are you glad you did it that way to get the quicker success feeling?

So happy for you, you are doing it!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations!!

Was it difficult to start on the smallest one first? I am really fighting that suggestion because my smallest one is my "pet student loan" and can be on deferment during hard times.

Are you glad you did it that way to get the quicker success feeling?

So happy for you, you are doing it!

Well we had a HUGE debt load... so its taken four years for us to get rid of the little one! So yes I am glad we started that way! Now I can see that in two months the next one will be gone and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I went back to work almost two years ago to help pay the debt down. I am VERY motivated because I want to be a stay at home wife and mother again. Even more so now that we have learned to live within our means more.

I have three major goals:

Pay off the Debt
Have at least one year of savings (enough to pay all basic needs)
To buy a house again. We have been renting now for almost four years I MISS owning my house so much.

So seeing that smallest debt go away was the best gift I have given myself in LONG time. Even better is knowing it will not come back... Card is LONG gone :)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Wow, your dedication isamazing! Thanks for the reply.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.