Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Target today and happened to notice this play kitchen marked down to $80. I've been wanting to get one of these for Moo for Christmas and this is the lowest I have ever seen them priced.

Playwonder Kitchen Center - Red : Target

Now Santa just needs to find some play food (I might knit some) and dishes. I'd like to find little wicker baskets to fit on the shelf underneath for storage of those items.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
That is so cute, she will love it. I have seen some creative foods made from knitting or felting so that is a great idea.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
So pretty.

I think it has a front loading washer then on the side too.

She is going to have so much fun.

on the subject of play food

I liked the loaf of bread (block of wood smoothed) the slices Velcro together so you can slice them. My children's one had a wooded knife not sharp at all.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
awesome find! You sure do have willpower- that's such a cool gift, I'd want to give it to my little one right away :)

·
19,119 Posts
What a great gift for Moo!! My preschoolers all love playing with the kitchen in our room. If she gets a stocking at Christmas, you could put the play food, etc in there for her!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Oh that is adorable!!! what a great price and you have lots of time to fill with food and dishes

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome find! You sure do have willpower- that's such a cool gift, I'd want to give it to my little one right away :)
She's still a bit too young to appreciate it. Roughly 17 months right now. By Christmas, she'll be a little over 2. But it gives me lots of time to prepare for it. Maybe I'll have my mom make her a little apron.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
She's still a bit too young to appreciate it. Roughly 17 months right now. By Christmas, she'll be a little over 2. But it gives me lots of time to prepare for it. Maybe I'll have my mom make her a little apron.
Do you have a Dollar Tree i seen a little apron in one awhile back.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Cute, cute, cute!!

If you search Etsy for "felt sandwiches" or "felt food", there are a lot of creative ideas! You could probably make most of it yourself pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
How cool! I always check out the Clearance toys at Target. You never know what kind of great deals you're going to find for Christmas or upcoming birthdays. Way to go!

P.S. You can also make play food out of felt. Very quick and easy to do with a basic sewing machine.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
That is so cute!! Yeah, you should check out the felt food. It's pretty cool.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Wow, is that nice! When I clicked the link I thought it would be one of those ugly tacky plastic things. Congrats on a great find.

You have lots of time before Christmas. I bet you'll run across dishes and other little accessories at thrift stores and garage sales. AND have time to make things.

A little napkin and tablecloth set to match the apron would be cute.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts