Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a rough week here. First of all, my computer died on Tuesday night. I had to buy a new one on Wednesday. The rough part is that all of my work was in it. Then there was the expense...I really couldn't afford it, but worse than that, I couldn't afford to be without one. I thought about going to the library and using the one there to get my work done, but there is a 2 hour limit and I have unlimited work here. I lost everything...all the lesson plans for my art class got them done Wed), my Liberal Studies paper, you all must remember the Darwin one that killed me!!! Well I lost that and now, I have to redo the final one. The final paper in that class was to disect the two previous papers and come out with one that should be close to perfection. the problem is that the professor is out of town so I cant even get a copy of my old ones, so I have to start from scratch:bang: :bang:

I just finished a 7 page research paper on the life of Buddha and Buddhism. One down three to go...

Paper on the film "Bamboozled"

1800 word essay for liberal studies

5 page paper on any greel mythical god...probably Zeuss (don't even know how o spell it yet, how sad!)

See you when I come up for air!

·
27,948 Posts
Oh Robin I am so sorry! That stinks!!
Bet your gonna save things to disk or floppy next time.
:bang: Don't hit your head too hard it's not good for you and won't help. Hang in there Robin!! :hugz:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a box of 100 floppies!!!!!!!!!! I always learn the hard way:bang: ( hitting softly so as not to injure the essential parts needed for the re-do)

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Wishing you lots of luck!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Robin, is there anyway to take the hard drive to a computer shop to see if the data was still there and if it could be retrieved and copied over to your new one or even onto cds. It might be worth a shot :).

Here is a :hugz: and a :coffee: to get you through it all. Oh and of course :angel2: .

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the angel Kathy, she is here sitting here on my shoulder, I am halfway through the liberal studies paper. Whew, this is the hard one, I dumped Darwin in the toilet where he belongs and am focusing my attention on Star Trek, Frankenstein and 2001 A Space Odyssey. Darwin is just too ludicrous for me now... going back in...

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Ugh Robin, that really stinks. :( Good luck writing the new ones.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so sorry big Sister ! I know how hard it was for you to do all of that work and how time is already so precious !!!!!! :(

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sweety!!! I feel so badly for you!! Been there done that! Remember the golden rule for pc's....SAVE every 10 minutes!!!! :remind:

Hopefully, you have some a handwritten rough draft or maybe some you printed of??? Hope so! All that research!!!!! :hugz:

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Save the work on a cd or a floppy...

You can move it around with you...if you have to work on a different computer.

Better upload some critical data files on a website where you can access them...

Let me know if you need help with this..

THere are tons of free host out there...

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hang in there Robin! You can do it!!!

Sorry to hear about the computer crash and the loss of your other papers.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, now I am making progress...WOOOOHOOOO

I have finished my film class...totally...except for the final anyway...no more papers. I just wrote a great one!!!

The Liberal studies paper is 5 pages out of 6 to 8. Hopefully I can dig deep enough into myself and get a little more. I have such a hard time with critical analysis.:bang: :bang:

There is one more paper that I WANT to do, but it is not really required. I blew a quiz in history big time. The Professor told me that I could do an extra credit research paper on anything pertaining to the class but that I had to check with him on a topic. I decided on focusing on any Greek God, because I know so little about Greek Mythology and (this is the truth) I want to go on Jeopardy, but I dont know anything about this popular subject. He okayed it, but you can only have one internet source. I went to the library here in my town which is connected to about 10 other libraries, but they dont have anything other than childrens books on this subject. Here is my idea. Do all the research that I can online on the one scholarly website, (I can choose it), and then go to Borders and drink coffee and do my research there because they let you read the books!!! Anyway, I am getting ready to go and see what they have. it is worth a shot...wish me luck.

Gabe, I would love to find out how to upload critical files. Does this mean I can put my papers out in space where they would be safe. Remember this is the self proclaimed village technologically handicapped ( village computer idiot) you are talking to...LOL:confused: :toss:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Robin, you truly amaze me!! You are such a hard worker and thrive even through adversity! I know how difficult this must have been for you to lose all that information and I am praying for you.:angel2: I know you can do it!! We are all here cheering you on!!!:thumb: :hugz:

·
27,948 Posts
Go Robin Go! Here is one of my fav web sites that will help you find just about anything. Good luck!
http://lii.org/

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Poseidon is out of the way, gosh I feel like I am running a marathon!!! All I have left is the liberal studies paper. It is mostly done, just need to spruce it up...going back in!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:fdance: Go Robin Go!! You can do it!! :fdance:

Darlene, that site is very interesting. Thanks!! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts