Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am determined to start doing a budget. We havent been able to do one since I was waitressing and the money ebbed and flowed. Now I am working at a bank and getting a steady paycheck so I want to get my act together. Ive tried buying books and doing paper budgets but I cant seem to do it. The envelope system doesnt work either.

therefore my question is what it a good computer/online program to use? Im not very good at excel! So any ideas or suggestions would be great!
Thanks!!!

:newbie:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have liked spark savings. It is from the spark people website. It is online and helps me

Kellie

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I use Mint.com and I really like it. It keeps track of your spending automatically, but you can set up budgets to help guide your spending. I actually don't use the 'budget' section of mint though. I just use excel. One nice thing about mint is that occasionally I fall off the wagon but mint keeps track even when I'm not paying attention so I can always go back and look at my spending.

I think it's now available in canada. Last time we talked about it here, it wasn't. (I think. :laugh: )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use mint.com as well and I really like it. It automatically updates by reading your card history. It's well encrypted and you can't change anything on your account through the site so it keeps you safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.