Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so excited. All of our family lives out of state, so we don't get to see them very often. And with the high cost of gas, trips to see them become expensive. But this is a special weekend for the family: lots of birthdays, anniversaries, etc. So we are leaving tomorrow, just for 2 days. WE GET TO SEE OUR GRANDKIDS!!!! We get to see kids. We get to see sibs. We get to see parents!!!!!!!

Can't tell you how excited I am! I am packed, ready to leave!

Oooooo............ Can't Wait!!!!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
It sounds wonderful! I hope you have a great time. We'll look forward to hearing all about it!

Debbie

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Glad to see your excited.... have tons of fun and drive safely!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Have a super and safe trip! Fill us all in when you get back!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had a safe and fast trip. Spent yesterday helping my parents around the farm, cutting wood, hauling trash, some repairs, etc. Dad has cancer and can't do much like that anymore. All the family was there except one sister and her kids, so we had a lot of talking and laughing going on. Last night we built a big bonfire and roasted hotdogs, and fixed s'mores. The children ran around and we adults huddled around the fire. Today we all went to church and had a big family dinner. Sang Happy Birthday a bunch of times and enjoyed cake. So it was a great time. Next time I see them will be Thanksgiving and then again at Christmas. Not bad for us: 3 times in 3 months!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
That's wonderful! I'm so glad it went well and that you got to be surrounded with those you love. :clap:

·
Registered
316 Posts
sounds like a wonderful time to me!! ( heck!!! i love my firepit, so i would have been estatic with a bonfire........hehehehehe )

glad that you got to see all your family except for sister and her children. maybe you will see her the next 2 times?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time! I'm glad you get to see them again soon! My children were jealous of the whole bonfire thing. (They miss being able to do that with the grandpa), but they don't know that they will get to do that in two weeks!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip. I wish our family did more get togethers like that.

Debbie

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Wow that sounds like you had a great time. I wish that my family could get together more often. They live 1300 miles away from me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts