Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
Someone put you on an address list because you signed up for something, filled out an application, etc recently.

You can get on the Do Not Call list to stop the phone calls, https://www.donotcall.gov/

You can put a Fraud Alert on your credit record, and that will stop the mailings. Fraud Alert | Learn How

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Putting your name on the opt out list SHOULD stop them....but don't count on it being 100%.

I am on every opt out list I can get on.........and am STILL getting the American Exp. stuff............for the last two years. I even called and complained at the 'complaint number' and just got another one about a month ago.

They can still send them if you have 'business connections' with them..........thinking that maybe my Costco membership is why I get the Am. Ex one..........no other reason I should.

Is this the number you have been using?
888-567-8688 Don't they ask you to spell your name?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
~Yes they ask for my last name and I spell it but the computer spits out a name that isn't mine. And then I say "no" and try again. And again. Urg.~
Unless it is waaaaayyyyy off base I let them take it. They always pronounce my name wrong.........so they obviously don't copy WHAT you say...............but they spell it back to me correctly, so I let it go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.